A Tip to save your adsense perhaps!
  • Not sure if this is a tip or not but there is something I have noticed and would like to share. I have purchased a few sites and each time the files were delivered to me their adsense code still intact from the buyer. I am not sure that I would want to leave my adsense on a site I sold (in case they forgot to remove/replace it for any reason) and then have them doing something very black hat that could ruin my adsense account. I realize that this may be a way to make some extra dough but my adsense account is important to me so I think I will be removing the code or at least the account #. Any thoughts. Am I just paranoid?
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2010-08-29 03:59:31
  • Can argue both ways - most sellers choose to leave it in as they can potentially make an extra few $$'s a month. It's always good to help the buyer change it anyway. Chances are, if they don't change it themselves then they don't know how to and could bring quite a lot more business your way in terms of upsells.
  • [quote="Thomas"]
    Can argue both ways - most sellers choose to leave it in as they can potentially make an extra few $$'s a month. It's always good to help the buyer change it anyway. Chances are, if they don't change it themselves then they don't know how to and could bring quite a lot more business your way in terms of upsells.

Thanks Thomas for your reply. Any openings for coaching yet?
  • [quote="Catz"]
    Thanks Thomas for your reply. Any openings for coaching yet?

Not at the moment. We took on a few more as soon as we got Stefan on full-time. We'll possibly open up a few more soon - and will update as soon as we know.

Thanks,
    Thomas
  • I agree with you Catz. I would take out my adsense account number as well.
  • [quote="Brent Jacoby"]
    I agree with you Catz. I would take out my adsense account number as well.

I think better safe than sorry with an Adsense account. I can miss the added revenue when my account could be at stake. I also understand what Thomas said. Bad apples seem to wreck it for all us.
  • I've never really used adsense to make money. . . I just use it to make the site money, but I"ve never actually added it to my overall revenue, ever. I'd take it out. The only thing adsense is good for is boosting the value of a site.

Trinity
  • Hi,

maybe a little black hat, but how about setting up a second account in the name of someone you know, that you can risk of getting banned.

And when you sell the site, just change the code to your "second" account, so you do not miss out on the extra revenue, when they forget to change it to their code :)
  • I read it somewhere that it would be easy for google to detect if u have 2 accounts...like address...ip address...hosting...domain etc...so never try :)