First flip doubled my money
  • Woohoo! Not exactly following the model taught in KFS, I bought a domain on digitalpoint for $65, built a wordpress site with 5 posts on it and sold it on Flippa a week later for $130. Thanks to the Flippa bonus I didn't have to pay the Flippa fee so it was 100% in a week.

I think I got lucky because the domain had pr5 but it really didn't have much else going for it. I'm learning to get out of the pagerank mindset and look at other things like traffic and revenue etc. instead. So I'm not going try again with just a domain that has pr, but go for buying a cheap site instead.

One thing I learned: this is a GREAT business! I'm really tired of the normal internet marketing build-your-own-website model, which 99% of the make money online world is geared toward. Sure it might have a big payoff after months of mind-numbing content creation but then again it might not.

This way I did maybe 2 hours of work and after a week it was all over. Love it!

Many thanks to the KFS guys for creating this guide and forum!
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2011-11-15 14:23:52
  • Big congrats! That's great news.

One thought...I wouldn't necessarily give up on PR but instead look at it slightly differently. Instead of being focused on the PR number, focus on the quality of the backlinks to a site/domain. That's where the real value will be in the future as PR is becoming less important.

100% profit in 7 days. Love it!
  • That is dope man keep it up and head over 5to DP and find you another site to flip.
  • [quote="chrismyates"]
    ...focus on the quality of the backlinks to a site/domain.

Would a fairly high PR with a relatively low number of backlinks be a good indication of high quality links?[hr]
    [quote="David"]
    One thing I learned: this is a GREAT business! I'm really tired of the normal internet marketing build-your-own-website model, which 99% of the make money online world is geared toward. Sure it might have a big payoff after months of mind-numbing content creation but then again it might not.

This way I did maybe 2 hours of work and after a week it was all over. Love it!

Congratulations amigo, I'm glad to know that your venture paid off and that you now have a bit of experience and know-how. Well done!
  • [quote="jcpeden"]
    Would a fairly high PR with a relatively low number of backlinks be a good indication of high quality links?

Possibly but it depends on the individual links. I suggest looking at the individual links in yahoo site explorer or open site explorer.