buying a site for monthly revenue?
  • I was wondering if anyone has bought any sites for $1000 that had consistent revenue when it sold and it stayed that way? Just wondering because I was thinking of buying a site and keeping it for the revenue that it gets. Thanks.
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2011-10-29 07:05:13
  • I do this all the time. Is there a specific question/concern you have regarding these types of sites?
  • [quote="chrismyates"]
    I do this all the time. Is there a specific question/concern you have regarding these types of sites?

my concern is that the revenue will drop or the sellers just did a mass selling of an item and know that the revenue will drop so they sell.
  • [quote="chrismyates"]
    I do this all the time. Is there a specific question/concern you have regarding these types of sites?

Do you find these sites on Flippa or somewhere else?
  • [quote="boxer15"]
    [quote="chrismyates"]

my concern is that the revenue will drop or the sellers just did a mass selling of an item and know that the revenue will drop so they sell.

In my experience, if you stick with exactly what the site was doing post-sale and do nothing to maintain ranking, etc., the site will drop in revenue.

This all boils down to your due diligence and your ability to improve a site post-sale. If you're looking for a steady money-maker that you won't have to touch post-sale, you're going to need to find sites that have been steady earners for at least 1 year.

These are the ones that sell for a premium on Flippa.

Here's one we bought awhile back that held steady for us: https://flippa.com/98704-well-establish ... onth-sales

What do you see that made this a good buy?
  • [quote="nacho"]
    Do you find these sites on Flippa or somewhere else?

We have several ways to find sites such as:

1.) Flippa
    2.) Brokers brings us deals
    3.) Customers and readers of our flipping related sites
    4.) Cold calling
  • [quote="chrismyates"]
    What do you see that made this a good buy?

Long term consistent revenue.