alternative to dp for buying
  • Hi, recently all I have seen on DP is crap and would like to know of any other alternative sites to buy sites from? On dp there are sites selling for like $500 and they have no traffic or revenue and are brand new so I am looking for somewhere else to buy.
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2011-10-27 10:13:50
  • DP does have "diamonds" that comes up but you need to dig through a lot of dirt to get to it. I'd recommend making sure you're clear on the type of sites you want to buy. Are you looking for sites with traffic but little to no monetization? Are you looking for sites you can do little work to and sell quickly on flippa? Knowing your strategy will help me recommend some places to buy sites.
  • [quote="chrismyates"]
    DP does have "diamonds" that comes up but you need to dig through a lot of dirt to get to it. I'd recommend making sure you're clear on the type of sites you want to buy. Are you looking for sites with traffic but little to no monetization? Are you looking for sites you can do little work to and sell quickly on flippa? Knowing your strategy will help me recommend some places to buy sites.

yes, I am looking to find a site with good traffic so that I can add adsense or text links to quickly monetize and then sell on flippa.
  • You might check out this article: flipfilter.com/how-to-find-websites-for-sale-35-sites-ranked
  • [quote="boxer15"]
    [quote="chrismyates"]
    DP does have "diamonds" that comes up but you need to dig through a lot of dirt to get to it. I'd recommend making sure you're clear on the type of sites you want to buy. Are you looking for sites with traffic but little to no monetization? Are you looking for sites you can do little work to and sell quickly on flippa? Knowing your strategy will help me recommend some places to buy sites.

yes, I am looking to find a site with good traffic so that I can add adsense or text links to quickly monetize and then sell on flippa.

In this case, I have two recommendations beyond DP.

1.) Search the web for sites that rank well but have no monetization. These are often people's "hobby" sites. Cold-call them to offer to buy their site. This is a strategy we talk about in our http://www.buyingandsellingwebsites.com course.

2.) Search Flippa for sites with verified analytics, traffic over 5,000 unique visits (or whatever amount you want), have been established for over 6 months, and have $0 in revenue.

For both of these strategies, use semrush to estimate their organic search traffic.