Starting small or saving up
  • As a newbie, starting out I had intended to work my way up to the bigtime. Flip a few sub-$100 sites for at least 100% profit before moving onto 4-figure sites, then 5-figures etc.

I'm completely new to site flipping but have been developing and marketing sites for more than 4 years so I understand the technicalities involved. In addition to that, I have a bit of cash to spend if needsbe so I don't need too start small.

What would be your recommendation? Start on sub-$100 sites so that if and when I do get my fingers burnt it isn't too painful? Save up for a $1000 site that can yield more profit more quickly?
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2011-11-16 11:19:46
  • My suggestion would be to get a few smaller sites under your belt. Even if you don't make a lot of money, you'll learn a ton. Every deal is different of course, but getting the experience is important. However, I would say that if you have a descent budget, buying some smaller sites that have been earning income for 6 months or more would be a good place to start. You can apply your past marketing experience to those sites to increase their income and sell for more than you bought.
  • My thoughts exactly Chris, I loved reading your piece on borrowing to purchase a big fat 5ucker of a site and use the earnings to pay off the loan...got me thinking.

At the same time, I'm aiming to start at $150 (just bought my first site last night for $100) and try to generate 100% on each flip although making my money back would be great!
  • Sounds like a solid plan. Keep us updated on your progress!