• Hi,

The manual on page 75 talks about Link sales and my question is: If someone wants to buy a text link on my site, how do I ensure that it stays on the first page of the site. It's the first page that has the high PR and not the inner pages. Do I put the link on a sidebar?
    What if they want the link embedded in a post as opposed to the sidebar?

thanks[hr]
    One other question. When doing link sales, is having backlinks on your site important or are link buyers just interested in the PR of a site?
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2011-11-23 15:41:29
  • I'm assuming you're talking about on a wordpress site right? Here are a few options.
    1.) Put it on your sidebar.
    2.) Switch your wordpress site to use a page rather than the recent posts.
    3.) Make one of your posts "featured" on the homepage so it always stays there.
  • [quote="mgroup200"]
    One other question. When doing link sales, is having backlinks on your site important or are link buyers just interested in the PR of a site?

Must have missed this one.

Can you clarify what you mean by "having backlinks on your site"?
  • [quote="chrismyates"]
    [quote="mgroup200"]

Must have missed this one.

Can you clarify what you mean by "having backlinks on your site"?

Hi,
    Thanks for your response. Okay, let's say I've got a pr4 website with little to no backlinks, will people want to buy links for a site like that. I'm assuming that a site with quality backlinks will be more desirable as far as doing link sales is concerned.
    Would they be willing to buy some links on a site like that because it has a high PR alone or does the site need more features (backlinks, quality content, etc.) in order to sell links?

I hope that makes sense.

thanks
  • Yeah, that makes sense. It depends on how educated the potential buyer is. Savvy buyers may pay more for sites with lots of quality backlinks while less savvy buyers will just see the PR4 and will be happy.
  • [quote="chrismyates"]
    Yeah, that makes sense. It depends on how educated the potential buyer is. Savvy buyers may pay more for sites with lots of quality backlinks while less savvy buyers will just see the PR4 and will be happy.

Okay, thank you