• So, I read the chapter on buying a number of times and I still don't see how to avoid wading through the countless listings on DP.
    A question about quick flips. Before diving into higher cost sites does it make sense to buy one with no traffic/no earnings and improve that? Those still seem to sell on Flippa. Many of the ones on DP I'm certain I can write better copy for.

Buddy
    I can make my own sites but I imagine that it makes more sense, time management wise to buy them. Yes?
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2010-05-31 08:14:53
  • Hi Buddy,

No real way of avoiding wading through sites on DP, I'm afraid. There are some interesting solutions coming up in the next few weeks (we will keep you all posted on this).

I never build anything myself, I just buy from DP. You can pick up a ton of sites that can be easily resold for $10-30. It's a great way to start and gain experience.

Thomas
  • Flipping is all about speed and ROI. It takes time to create your own sites, but takes very little time to buy, modify, and resell. (compared to building and selling your own site)

Having traffic and revenue is a "sure-fire" way to snag a sale at Flippa.

Trinity
  • Thanks guys. Thomas, $10-30 or $100-300?

--edit--
    What I really like about this business model is the fact that I won't have to build sites and don't need to feed the Big G. Let the buyers do that.
  • He meant 10$ - $30, no worries you read that right =].

Trinity
  • Yeah. I pay peanuts for cheap sites. Anything I pay $300 for I would expect to make at least $2k back.
  • Alright so buy for $15-20, sell for $30-50? That sort of thing? Get my feet wet with enough profit to save up for better?
  • On DP? Nah. Should be able to get far higher ROI's than that. As a general rule of thumb I look to make at least 5x my investment if going from DP -> Flippa. So something you buy for $30, try get at least $197 back on Flippa.
  • Oh! I like that ROI. What was the $10-30 then? Purchase price?

[quote="Thomas"]
    On DP? Nah. Should be able to get far higher ROI's than that. As a general rule of thumb I look to make at least 5x my investment if going from DP -> Flippa. So something you buy for $30, try get at least $197 back on Flippa.
  • Oh yeh, sorry. Looks like the way I worded it made it sound like I was selling for $10-30. Purchase price, though, is what I was getting at :)