• Hey guys...

Some of you might have read my post about my site KeshaPics dot com.

I bought it about 10 days ago and spent tons of times on it building backlinks, and getting it up in the SERPS.

I managed to get on the first page of Google, 1.1 million results and 22K monthly searches.

The site is not monetized at all and no real traffic is being generated. I got about 40 visitors since the site has been live (1 week).

My question is...is it time to sell or do I build more?

My concern is that I may loose the ranking and the value may be there with the SERP rankings as they are now.

BTW...I also bought .org, .info, .mobi and .net for the same domain.

What do you think?
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2010-06-01 07:47:44
  • Quick answer would be: it depends :)

While it's correct that being on the first page of Google can increase the (perceived) value of the site, the fact that it gets close to zero visitors even though it's on the first page will hurt your auction quite a bit and may even trigger the same effect that I mentioned in the book with regards to no-revenue infoproduct sites vs. little-revenue infoproduct sites (a site with no revenue can be worth a lot more than a site with only a little bit of revenue).

That said, dropping down in SERPs wouldn't be my concern at all. Instead, I'd see what it takes to climb further up in SERPs (how strong your competitors are) and make the decision based on that. Also, if you decide to sell then I definitely suggest you to look into some alternative traffic generation methods before you put up the auction.

As for .org, .info, .mobi and .net - definitely add these to the "package", perhaps even as a BIN bonus. Make it sounds like a huge thing :)

Good luck!
    Bryan
  • [quote="bryanon"]
    That said, dropping down in SERPs wouldn't be my concern at all. Instead, I'd see what it takes to climb further up in SERPs (how strong your competitors are) and make the decision based on that. Also, if you decide to sell then I definitely suggest you to look into some alternative traffic generation methods before you put up the auction.
    Bryan

Bryan,

My bad but I haven't finished the book yet. In checking out the competition's strength what steps do you recommend for doing so?

Ken Leatheman
    http://www.1articleaday.com/Images/granpadog.gif
    The Old Geezer