Partner Site Flipping - Follow Along
  • Hey everyone. J1218 and I have decided to partner up on a few flips and do a little follow along in the forum. We look forward to all comments and suggestions.

For the past few days we have been looking through digital point to find a website we wanted to buy together and flip. Since we both do not have much experience with site flipping we wanted to start small and reinvest the profits into more expensive projects.

There was one site (site to be withheld for now) that we were very interested in. The site is making $10 dollars per month from ebay and its on the first page of google (#4 spot).

The website itself was well.. not much of a site. No content at all besides the ebay listings and just overall a very ugly website.

Seller had a buy it now price of $100 dollars with a reserve price of $75 dollars. He already had a few bids with the highest bid being $25 dollars with the auction ending the next day.

We decided to offer the seller $45 dollars for the website. J contacted him through PM and pointed out the negatives of the site (no content, ugly, hard to get into ebay affiliate program) and also pointed out everything we would have to do to it (create a new theme, write content, find a different way to monotize it). J also told the seller he could have $45 cash in hand tonight if he accepts our offer.

Well, the seller refused our offer. He said the bids will start rolling in as the auction gets closer to ending. J and I decided to just watch the auction and if it ends without a winner we would again offer the $45 dollars.

The next day the auction does in fact end with out a winner. J PMs the seller and this time he accepts the $45 dollars.

We are in the process of getting the domain name right now. We will be putting wordpress on it with a premium theme made just for adsense. As you can tell we will monetize with adsense only. We are having 1 article outsourced. This will be a 1 page site besides contact us, privacy policy, and about us. We will both also be doing some link building to try to push it up to number 1 for its keyword.

That is it for now. J or I will post in here when there is something to update.

All comments and suggestions are welcome. Oh and if you have any questions.. feel free to ask!
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2010-12-22 02:30:29
  • Good luck boys, I look forwarding to seeing your progress! Hopefully you'll be the first to list your success story on the forums.

Trinity
  • [quote="Trinity"]
    Good luck boys, I look forwarding to seeing your progress! Hopefully you'll be the first to list your success story on the forums.

Trinity

Thanks Trinity.

Me and Brent were just talkin about that actually and our goal is to be the first one with a success story. I think we can do it.
  • Good luck guys - let us know if you have any questions as you go!

Thomas
  • Ok so the domain has been transferred and I changed the DNS to my host, but now I'm having a problem...

The site we bought was ran on Joomla and there was really no content on it at all, so we just decided to get the domain and install Wordpress on it instead and redo everything.

I went and made an add-on domain in my hosting account like I always do with a new site, and then I went and installed Wordpress onto the new site. The installation said it worked perfectly fine, so I went and tried to go to the wp-admin page to log in and it's giving me a 404 error.

At first we thought the DNS just hadn't updated yet and gave it some time. After a little while, Brent was able to get the new site to show up and log into Wordpress, but when I go to the site, the old site is still showing up and I get the 404 error when trying to go to the wp-admin page still.

I cleared my cookies and cache and all that, so I know that isn't the problem. Does anyone know exactly why Brent is able to get the new site to show up and log into Wordpress with it, but when I go to the site, all I see is the old one and get the 404 error?

This is really confusing to me and I don't see how he sees one page and it's working for him but I see a totally different page and it's not working for me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
  • I think I would like to partner with anyone too.Hey,I don't want to be left out of this success story.

I really wish to get my feet wet.If anyone is willing,please contact me ASAP.We would discuss how we would go about this.
    If we find a site worth it's salt on digitalpoint,I would be glad to pick up the bills if it's between $50 -$200.I am just starting out again in internet marketing after quitting some few years ago.So,I feel like fish out of water but I am picking up fast.I am a member of www.thenicheblogger.com and have just signed up for a private coaching in Adsense.Classes start about June 3.

I have a copy of SEnuke and have also purchase the Advanced Training Videos by Mark Delusse on the WarriorForum.I am looking at a joint project for a site,possibly along health lines,alternative energy etc.I have a reseller hosting with HostGator.com

My very first blog is at www.watchmoviesonlinehub.com .I set up the blog at the prodding of my former Flipping coach (before I fired him !),and I was was never really passionate about that niche.But I am living it there as a testimonial of my first attempt at blogging.Funny enough,I used the blog to apply for Adsense but Google never replied me.This was just about two weeks ago.The articles you see there happen to be 5 of the articles I outsourced for 6 intended blogs.I only got 8 out of the 100 articles I paid for (curiously,to my flipping coach) before I decided to fire the so-called flipping guru I hired as coach.

I would like for the partner and I to nurture and grow a site for about a month or two,flipping it about mid-July or earlier.If we can do two sites,that would just be fine.I am starting new blogs along the niches mentioned ealier,and would like to grow them to a point I could flip them after a month.These are my own project,though.

I would need someone who is more versatile than I in SEO,and webdesign.I am on Skype from about GMT 1800 to GMT 2300hrs everyday.Please PM me if you are interested.My Skype name is "tolajulius".

I am looking for someone who is very honest,trustworthy and above board. Anyone interested?
  • [quote="J1218"]
    Ok so the domain has been transferred and I changed the DNS to my host, but now I'm having a problem...

Have you remove the old name server from domain ?
  • [quote="myolay21"]
    [quote="J1218"]
    Ok so the domain has been transferred and I changed the DNS to my host, but now I'm having a problem...

Have you remove the old name server from domain ?

Yep, I did that.
  • Sorry can't help you with the setup. I was looking at a site on DP which was a Joomla site too and I had the exact same idea to put it on WordPress and improve it. I'll be interested to see if it was the same one. I hope you get the problems sorted soon and good luck with flipping it.
  • Good luck guys, glad to hear you got the site for $45 thats allready $55 that you can outsource or pay the flippa fees, i know its gona work out great for you!

Ps: Whenever anything is out of place I always contact the server/hosting guys directly, act dum as in im lost please do it for me and they always help me out but you have to give them usually half a day to get it done rather than give yourself a headache and lose focus on what needs to get done also... I use bluehost very nice setup wp 1 click install.
  • Thanks guys for starting this thread. I have very limited site building experience. after reading Thomas's report, I was still unsure where to start. But this thread has given loads of ideas!

Thanks guys, good luck!
  • I'm able to log into the site now. I guess it just took a little longer for my computer to notice the DNS had been changed or something :/

Just a quick update for those following:

Wordpress is installed along with all the necessary plugins and Google Analytics has been installed too. Brent also uploaded the theme we will be using so the site already looks 10x better than it did before (it was really ugly lol)

All we're waiting on now is the article to be written so we can post that on the site followed by adding in the Adsense.

After that, it's just some linkbuilding to get the site to rank higher and see what kind of earnings we can make.

This will end up turning into a mid range flip because we will need about a month of Adsense history in order to obtain a good price on Flippa for it.

Will be posting more updates as they come.
  • Great !
    Good to know you are progressing.I will be following you all the way till you flip it for good profit.Keep up the good work friends.
  • Thanks for all the comments and well wishes so far!

We are still not releasing the website name because the .org is available, and while I don't think anyone here would, we don't want to have to compete with anyone for ranking and also flipping.

We just finished the first stage of SEO. I'll go into it a bit for anyone that doesn't know much about SEO.

Since this is a paid forum and I want to learn a lot from everyone here.. I will give out a few things (secrets if you want to call it that) that most people either don't know or just don't do.

The first one is that I had my article outsourced at www.mturk.com. Some of you may have heard of mturk and some of you may not have. It's an Amazon.com website, that allows people to post small jobs for others to do. You could pay someone 10 cents to view a youtube video and rate it or pay someone 1 cent to view your ezinearticles article. You can also pay people 3 bucks to do a movie review. You decide what you will pay, what they have to do, and how many "hits" you need. Hits are just how many you need done.

I posted a job for a 500 word article for $3 dollars. I could have paid less, but I wanted the article quickly. Someone accepted it and turned in an article to me. After reading over it... I rejected the article and blocked the worker. It was horrible, but the great thing is.. you dont pay unless you accept the article, so it cost me nothing. I put the "hit" back up and a short time later received another article from someone else. This time the article was perfect.. 600 words and worth at least $10 bucks. I got it for $3.30. (mturk takes 10%) I once had an amazing 200 word article written for .50 cents so you can get some good prices there. Other sites to try are http://www.shorttask.com/ and http://microworkers.com/.

Once I had the article I did have to do some edits. Mainly adding in the keyword in the right spots and getting the right keyword density. You want your keyword in the very first sentence and very last sentence of your article. Also make use of bolding, italicizing, and underlining. I usually bold the first keyword, italicize and underline 2 keywords in the body of the article, and then use the last keyword as anchor text pointing to my website. Never go below 2% keyword density and I try to not go above 5%. J showed me a great website to use to check keyword density on the fly and also make changes which updates the density percentage automatically. http://www.live-keyword-analysis.com/

The site had no backlinks yet so to get google looking at our site we pinged it at pingler.com and pingoat.net. We also pinged the rss feed at pingoat.net. We then used RSSbot to submit our websites rss feed to rss directories. We also created a new feed at http://page2rss.com/ and then submitted that using RSSbot. J then used senuke to social bookmark the website to a few places. We are now waiting on google to update our websites cache before we do anymore backlinking.

We installed google analytics and adsense today. We are going to hold the site for a month and flip it after that.

If anyone has any questions or comments please post. I would love to hear!

Brent
  • Thanks Brent.
    This is what we should see on this Forum - top quality information and strategies that would benefit everyone.I appreciate your good heart.

I have struggled to get writers for my articles but have now zeroed in on Michael at www.99centarticles.com .I met him at the Warrior Forum and he does 20 articles for $68.50.That comes to about $3.5 per article.Not too bad ??

On your keyword density,I think you should consider limiting it to 3%.

Do have a lovely time out with your partner.May be we should soon have a sub-forum for striking partnerships here since a couple of us are going that route now.Your thought?
  • [quote="dignity"]
    Thanks Brent.
    This is what we should see on this Forum - top quality information and strategies that would benefit everyone.I appreciate your good heart.

I have struggled to get writers for my articles but have now zeroed in on Michael at www.99centarticles.com .I met him at the Warrior Forum and he does 20 articles for $68.50.That comes to about $3.5 per article.Not too bad ??

Do have a lovely time out with your partner.May be we should soon have a sub-forum for striking partnerships here since a couple of us are going that route now.Your thought?

Thanks for the kind words dignity.

Regarding 99centarticles.com, I am not sure where they are offering 20 articles for $68.50. I am looking at his site right now and he is offering 10 articles for $64.75 ($6.47 each) or 25 articles for $149.25 ($5.97 each). Even if you order his largest package, 500 articles for $2475, its still $4.95 each.

I have used 99centarticles.com several times and honestly.. I would never use their articles on one of my websites. If I did use them it would only be for articles used in getting backlinks. Their quality is not good.

If you want to use them bookmark this link: http://www.99centarticles.com/warriorpackage.html

That will give you a little discount, but its still going to be around $5 bucks each article.

I disagree with not going above 3%. You could even go above 5% if you need to. I learned from Daniel Tan (seo expert on warrior forum) that he sometimes does 8% keyword density, if and only if, the top ranking sites for his keyword also have that keyword density.
  • Alright, for the articles I like super11 from BHW, he's a very good writer and spinning his articles is so easy :)

For SEO, really put some time into it, don't forget that people care about this stuff!

Stefan
  • If you need articles hit up Trinity. She has a large team who do decent articles for $3 a pop I believe.

@ Dignity - we have already have a few suggestions for a JV/partnership forum, but we are still trying to figure out the best way to manage it.
  • Decent articles for $3 a pop ?Oh my....I am off to Trinity right away.
    Thomas,"You are a lifesaver!" Besides,I am more comfortable with someone who's well known here.
  • [quote="Thomas"]
    If you need articles hit up Trinity. She has a large team who do decent articles for $3 a pop I believe.

@ Dignity - we have already have a few suggestions for a JV/partnership forum, but we are still trying to figure out the best way to manage it.

3$ for 500 words long articles?
  • [quote="myolay21"]
    [quote="Thomas"]
    If you need articles hit up Trinity. She has a large team who do decent articles for $3 a pop I believe.

3$ for 500 words long articles?

Don't quote me on that - but I think that's right. You'll have to ask her directly.
  • [quote="Brent Jacoby"]
    [quote="dignity"]
    Thanks Brent.

Thanks for the kind words dignity.

Regarding 99centarticles.com, I am not sure where they are offering 20 articles for $68.50. I am looking at his site right now and he is offering 10 articles for $64.75 ($6.47 each) or 25 articles for $149.25 ($5.97 each). Even if you order his largest package, 500 articles for $2475, its still $4.95 each.

I have used 99centarticles.com several times and honestly.. I would never use their articles on one of my websites. If I did use them it would only be for articles used in getting backlinks. Their quality is not good.

If you want to use them bookmark this link: http://www.99centarticles.com/warriorpackage.html

That will give you a little discount, but its still going to be around $5 bucks each article.

I disagree with not going above 3%. You could even go above 5% if you need to. I learned from Daniel Tan (seo expert on warrior forum) that he sometimes does 8% keyword density, if and only if, the top ranking sites for his keyword also have that keyword density.

Hi Brent,
    The $68.50 for 20 articles is a "prorated" Warrior Forum Special offer.Thanks for your advice on 99centarticles...with the review they get on the WarrioForum,you would think they do an excellent job.

I think I have to agree with you on the keyword density.Just double-checked,and noted I could go up to 5%. I am not sure I have the gut to try 8%, though.....Hey, I am newbie when it comes to SEO.

Cheers.
  • Hey Dignity,

That's just my opinion on 99centarticles. Feel free to try them out yourself.. maybe you will like them better than I did.

Brent
  • With my meticulous nature and keen attention to details,I am not sure I would like them.Honestly,I'd rather stay with a friend here on the Forum.
  • [quote="Stefan"]
    Alright, for the articles I like super11 from BHW, he's a very good writer and spinning his articles is so easy :)

For SEO, really put some time into it, don't forget that people care about this stuff!

Stefan

Hi Stefan, What is BHW? thnks, Di
  • [quote="Caramba"]

www.blackhatworld.com
  • [quote="Thomas"]
    [quote="Caramba"]

www.blackhatworld.com

Oh ok, thanks Thomas. Does that mean I'll get BH articles? :-/ Well, if it will help with flipping... I'm happy that Brent started this case study thread but sounds like the two of them have more overall online experience, but I'm hoping to follow and more or less do the same.

BTW, Brent/Thomas, a one page site? Is that enough, or is it a blockbuster keyword? Di
  • Nope Caramba that does not mean that you´ll get BH articles.
    You´ll have to contact super11 from BHW and buy articles from him and put them in your site.There´s no such thing as BH articles.
  • [quote="Caramba"]
    Oh ok, thanks Thomas. Does that mean I'll get BH articles?

Not at all. It's one of the biggest IM forums out there and there are a lot of good WH service providers. Most of the IM'ers on the forum are extremely savvy so to be a successful service provider you have to be very good :)
  • [quote="Caramba"]
    I'm happy that Brent started this case study thread but sounds like the two of them have more overall online experience, but I'm hoping to follow and more or less do the same.

BTW, Brent/Thomas, a one page site? Is that enough, or is it a blockbuster keyword? Di

Hey Caramba,

I am trying to be as detailed as possible in explaining everything we do. I do have a pretty good knowledge of SEO so feel free to copy anything I post. Since SEO comes into play with mid and long flips I am sure they wouldn't mind you asking an SEO question on the forum if it comes up. Also feel free to ask any questions in this thread. Why we did something or why we didnt do something and we will answer.

Yes, a one page site is enough. If you have a one page site making $100 a month, and a one hundred page site making $100 a month, I would more than assume you could get around the same price for them. I could be wrong though since I am still new to flipping. Personally though, I would rather buy a 1 page site making $100 a month.

It's not a blockbuster keyword. It will be a little while before we release the site and keyword because we don't want any competition but the keyword is pretty long tail (3 words) and gets 1,000 exact local searches a month.
  • [quote="Caramba"]
    [quote="Thomas"]
    [quote="Caramba"]

www.blackhatworld.com

Oh ok, thanks Thomas. Does that mean I'll get BH articles? :-/ Well, if it will help with flipping... I'm happy that Brent started this case study thread but sounds like the two of them have more overall online experience, but I'm hoping to follow and more or less do the same.

Hey Caramba,

As Brent said, a one page site is fine if you're using it for just flipping. People want to see how much money the site is making and how they are making it.

Our keyword actually isn't very big at all. It's a really small niche keyword that gets close to 1k searches a month. If I were to design a site around a blockbuster keyword though, then yeah I would probably make it a decent amount of pages to feed the search engines and visitors with.

We do both have a good amount of online experience, but that's why Brent and I are trying to make this thread as detailed as possible with what we're doing. Hopefully everyone else who is new to making money online can learn something and implement it right away. Both of us are new to flipping sites, but we've both been pretty successful with SEO and niche sites which does help a lot when it comes to this.

Anyway, Brent has an update he's ready to post so I'll let him take over from here.

Thanks for following along.
  • Site Update:

It's now been a few days since we bought the site. Here is a quick recap:

-Seller wanted $100 for the site; We bought it for $45
    -Site was making $10 a month from ebay
    -Site had no content besides ebay listings and was made from drupal (i believe)
    -Site was ranking #4 for its main keyword

Here is what we did after buying the site:

-We installed wordpress on the site
    -Outsourced an article and put it on the site
    -Added adsense only
    -Did basic link building which took about 10 minutes to do

The site has now moved up to number 3 from number 4 in google for its main keyword.

It also now ranks #1 in yahoo for its main keyword plus its singular form, which actually receives more searches.

It is only 1:10 pm CST and it already has 5 adsense clicks for $7.65 for today.

We will hold the site until the end of the month. Hopefully we can raise the rankings some more and the earnings stay consistent.

Lets say it averages $5 dollars a day. Thats $150 at the end of the month and a $45 dollar site turns into a 2k to 4k flip within a month.
  • Thanks, Brent, for taking the time to give such a detailed explanation!
  • Brent love it pal :) Keep it up, i think i could have something similar i hope.
    Do you have skype brent by any chance.. You may be able to have a look what i have as it may be quite similar to what you've played.
  • You are very welcome Caramba.

Graphicnut, just sent you a PM.
  • Let me add my thanks and congratulations, Brent.
  • [quote="Brent Jacoby"]
    Lets say it averages $5 dollars a day. Thats $150 at the end of the month and a $45 dollar site turns into a 2k to 4k flip within a month.

It's amazing what a few changes can do to a site. There are SO MANY under-monetized sites out there that with a few tweaks you can easily massively increase revenue.

For most people, $5 a day isn't great, or even worth the time. But when you add the flip into the equation the value is huge. Hence why it is such a powerful technique, especially combined with other skills.

Keep up the good work gents, very good so far :)
  • This site flip should be included in the "success story" section once it is sold.
  • [quote="Lao"]
    This site flip should be included in the "success story" section once it is sold.

Yep, we do plan to add it there as well Lao.

Our goal is to be the first success story for the forum :)
  • Hey everyone. It's been awhile since I have updated this. Mainly because I have been doing my first flip with one of my own websites, and let me tell you doing $1 no reserve on one of your babies is nerve racking. ;p

We started celebrating way too early with this site. The first few days we got really excited because it was making more than we expected. And then all of the sudden it dropped.

[attachment=12]

As you can see June 3rd was a really good day, and I started thinking this site could earn $5 dollars a day. Well lesson learned there. Don't ever start celebrating early.

So for now the site is averaging $2 dollars a day. If it stays at that it will end the month at $60 dollars and a $45 dollar site turns into a $500 to $1,000 flip within a month. Still not bad in my opinion.
  • Hey Brent,

Slightly off-topic, but congrats on your first flip! Pretty decent multiple you got for it. Well done!

Thomas
  • Thanks Thomas, I will be posting in the success stories soon.
  • If you add adsense to a new site, you will find that Google pays out really well at first, then the earnings settle as they rank the "value" of your traffic. e.g. I started 2 gardening sites at the same time, they both started out at around $1.50 a click, now one is consistent at around $1 a click, and the other averages $.30 a click, although it gets much more traffic than the first one. It always seems to start high and settle down.
  • Sell them at the buck fiddy?
  • Thanks for your adsense insight cornflower!
  • I know this hasn't been updated in a few months, so for those of you that were following along, we finally have some good news.

First off, the reason why we haven't updated this with the progress is because we decided to just hold the site for a few months to get it ranking as high as we could and earning as much as we could before flipping. Also, I don't think this was mentioned in this thread, but shortly after buying our first site that this thread was geared toward, we picked up 2 more niche adsense sites for around $40 each with the intention of flipping them as well.

So now we had 3 niche adsense sites and just did some basic backlinking and SEO work to get them ranking well and earning more revenue. We decided to hold all 3 for about 3-4 months and then sell them on Flippa.

So here's how it turned out:

All together, we only spent about $120 for the 3 sites. We got them ranking at the top of Google and combined they were earning about $50-55 per month from adsense. We held them for around 4 months so we basically got all of the money back that we spent on the sites + a little more just from the adsense.

Instead of listing them 1 at a time on Flippa, we decided to make the auction for all 3 sites at once to avoid multiple listing/feature fees, etc. The end result is that we were able to sell all 3 of them for $935 total.

So doing the math:

$120 to buy all 3 sites + around $10 to outsource a few articles + $50 in Flippa fees (listing and feature) + $10 to renew one of the domains that was expiring soon = approximately $190 spent. But, we were making passive income from the adsense ads the whole time and that comes out to around $150-200 I believe (Brent will have to clarify) and that basically covers everything we spent. We sold them for $935 so our total profit is somewhere around $900.

These sites took very little work. We switched the themes, added a new article to each one, and did some basic backlinks with some tools we have (SE Nuke, Scrapebox, an RSS submitter).

That's about it. Very simple technique and it worked really well for us. We made around $900 total for a few hours of actual work. This was our first go at flipping too. I've built up my own sites and sold them in the past, but never bought any sites to fix up and sell and I'm happy with how this first one worked out.

If you have any questions, feel free to post them here. I don't want to give out the Flippa listing or site URLs though for privacy to the new buyer.
  • [quote="J1218"]
    I know this hasn't been updated in a few months, so for those of you that were following along, we finally have some good news.

First off, the reason why we haven't updated this with the progress is because we decided to just hold the site for a few months to get it ranking as high as we could and earning as much as we could before flipping. Also, I don't think this was mentioned in this thread, but shortly after buying our first site that this thread was geared toward, we picked up 2 more niche adsense sites for around $40 each with the intention of flipping them as well.

So now we had 3 niche adsense sites and just did some basic backlinking and SEO work to get them ranking well and earning more revenue. We decided to hold all 3 for about 3-4 months and then sell them on Flippa.

So here's how it turned out:

All together, we only spent about $120 for the 3 sites. We got them ranking at the top of Google and combined they were earning about $50-55 per month from adsense. We held them for around 4 months so we basically got all of the money back that we spent on the sites + a little more just from the adsense.

Instead of listing them 1 at a time on Flippa, we decided to make the auction for all 3 sites at once to avoid multiple listing/feature fees, etc. The end result is that we were able to sell all 3 of them for $935 total.

So doing the math:

$120 to buy all 3 sites + around $10 to outsource a few articles + $50 in Flippa fees (listing and feature) + $10 to renew one of the domains that was expiring soon = approximately $190 spent. But, we were making passive income from the adsense ads the whole time and that comes out to around $150-200 I believe (Brent will have to clarify) and that basically covers everything we spent. We sold them for $935 so our total profit is somewhere around $900.

These sites took very little work. We switched the themes, added a new article to each one, and did some basic backlinks with some tools we have (SE Nuke, Scrapebox, an RSS submitter).

That's about it. Very simple technique and it worked really well for us. We made around $900 total for a few hours of actual work. This was our first go at flipping too. I've built up my own sites and sold them in the past, but never bought any sites to fix up and sell and I'm happy with how this first one worked out.

If you have any questions, feel free to post them here. I don't want to give out the Flippa listing or site URLs though for privacy to the new buyer.

hey J,

amazing success. Thanks for sharing it. Would you mind telling us what domains it were now after they've been sold?

thx
  • [quote="inservo"]
    hey J,

amazing success. Thanks for sharing it. Would you mind telling us what domains it were now after they've been sold?

thx

Thanks. I would rather keep the domains private out of courtesy to the new owner. I will say though that they were just basic micro-niche adsense sites that were focused around 1-2 keyword phrases and they used the ClickBump theme.
  • [quote="J1218"]
    Thanks. I would rather keep the domains private out of courtesy to the new owner. I will say though that they were just basic micro-niche adsense sites that were focused around 1-2 keyword phrases and they used the ClickBump theme.

to be honest I don't understand. In the success stories section some people share that info. I do as well. As keywords are an essential part of every IM approach I feel this is incomplete. Little bit disappointed ...
  • [quote="inservo"]
    to be honest I don't understand. In the success stories section some people share that info. I do as well. As keywords are an essential part of every IM approach I feel this is incomplete. Little bit disappointed ...

I keep ALL of my clients private and you won't ever see me posting auctions on forums. I'll give as much info as possible, but protecting your clients is important.

Myself and Bryan found the auction within about 5 minutes - there's enough information there to find it :) Not many auctions finish at that exact price.

No-one is obligated to share auction URLs, we all have different reasons for keeping our clients private, so please respect that :)
  • [quote="inservo"]

Well I understand what you're saying. The reason I don't want it out in the public like this is because someone might come along, buy some exact match domains with a different extension than the ones I sold, and outrank the guy I just sold them to since they know about how much they can sell the sites for and how easy it is to rank. Now all of a sudden the sites he bought lose traffic and revenue and he feels like he got a bad deal.

I think me and Brent gave enough information in this thread to show what we did and how someone can duplicate it without giving away the exact domains.