What would you like to read about?
  • Hey guys,

I've been lucky enough to be asked by Clinton at experienced-people.net to write a weekly blog post on site flipping.

I'm writing my first article this week - so thought I'd ask you all what you'd like to read about. Can cover anything related to flipping - and audiences with varying levels of experience (newbie to 7 figure portfolio guys) so I will be covering a lot of ground over the next year.

Anyway, it's open to the floor: what do you want to read about? what would you like my insight on?

Cheers,
    Thomas
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2010-06-16 13:45:14
  • I think an in-depth article for people that are new to site flipping would be cool. Maybe break down a step by step action plan that people can start to follow right away to buy and resell their first site.
  • That's great,Thomas.
    How about "20 Costly Mistakes Of Amateur Flippers" ?
  • [quote="dignity"]
    That's great,Thomas.
    How about "20 Costly Mistakes Of Amateur Flippers" ?

Thanks for the ideas... keep them coming.

It's likely I'll be doing a bit more on industry insight etc rather than purely articles on "tips" - but everything will be considered :D
  • In that case perhaps my suggestion isn't appropriate. But I want to know more about how to evaluate a website to buy. Although I don't want you give away secrets that help us and not the general public.
  • I'll be writing a lot of good content in the articles - but due to the fact I'm promoting "me" as well - I'll be driving traffic to KFS and then the forum in the long run, so we all benefit.

I'll probably keep away from articles like that, as like you say, are more beneficial for the forum more than anything else. I'll probably do some more macro-analysis of the website flipping industry as a whole and perhaps some specific case studies.

That's a point - if any of you post in the success stories section I may well do a post on it, what you did right etc. Good promotion for us as a community, as our ultimate aim is to be THE site flipping forum out there. We're getting there rapidly, but every little helps :)
  • I just had an idea.. and I am not sure if you would want to use this for articles outside the forum (and I'd rather you didn't). But how about you and/or Bryan start your own follow along. Kinda let us look over your shoulder telling us what you did and why.. maybe some screen shots or video.

Also would be awesome if there were 3 follow-alongs. 1 for a quick flip, 1 for mid flip, and 1 for a long flip.

I guess basically a case study from the pros.
  • Definitely not for the public - I'm going to be writing articles - don't really wanna give away all trade secrets, I'm thinking more top-level analysis :)

We're planning on doing some sort of live case study at some point - but there are a number of privacy reasons (ie who we buy site from and sell to) that need to be overcome. We're working on it though so watch this space. We'd plan to do a video (similar to Stefan's v-log) to make it most useful.
  • Awesome Thomas!

I don't mind at all if you leave several things out (website, buyer, seller). I still know everyone would learn a lot. It's great to be able to get in to the mind of someone who is doing this for a living.
  • [quote="Brent Jacoby"]
    Awesome Thomas!

I don't mind at all if you leave several things out (website, buyer, seller). I still know everyone would learn a lot. It's great to be able to get in to the mind of someone who is doing this for a living.

You definitely don't want to get inside my [disorganised] mind :D

But we'll see what we can do :)
  • As a coaching student I'm cool with this as well. We can talk about my deals in the Coaching section but I really like this group and want us ALL to succeed.
  • Thomas,

I'm delighted to be having you on the http://experienced-people.net blog (and for your posts in the forums). I really look forward to your seeing what you come up with.

Clinton
  • First blog post is here if anyone is interested: http://experienced-people.net/forums/en ... ng-is-Dead

Comments and feedback appreciated as always.

Thomas
  • Great start, Thomas! :)
  • I would really liKe if it could be an article about a live case study as an example, theory and application is my biggest obstacle through trail and error which is the norm...

mY O2.

Looking forward to it Thomas!!!
  • I'm working on my latest one now. Haven't entirely decided what it will be on so always open to suggestions :)

Thomas
  • Some ideas:

How to copy a successful flippa auction with out looking like a copycat.
    How to deal with paranoid buyers
    How to finance XX,XXX - XXX,XXX flips - Yea I know, but I couldn't help but list this one just to have a few LOLz.
    How to find potential buyers outside of flippa and lure them to your flippa listing - easy as hell just requires some basic research

Trinity
  • U can try something like the future of site flipping.Giving readers the insight about the potential of site flipping.Will it emerge as a next big thing in IM or will it just die after the craze dies out.

Just an Idea.