CPM Ads - Anyone Use Them?
  • Do any of you out there have experience using CPM ads to monetize your sites that get a high amount of traffic?

There's a site I was thinking of buying that gets around 600 visitors per day so I was thinking that maybe going with a CPM network would be a good plan along with Adsense.

What is the average payout per 1,000 impressions from these networks, or does it depend on a lot of different factors?

Also, what is a good network that you would recommend using?

Thanks everyone.
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2010-06-02 23:10:12
  • What's the niche?

In my experience, they pay barely anything - maybe 20-50c CPM. You can get some quite good payout with intersitial and pop-up/unders - but you need to be in the right niche.
  • [quote="Thomas"]
    What's the niche?

In my experience, they pay barely anything - maybe 20-50c CPM. You can get some quite good payout with intersitial and pop-up/unders - but you need to be in the right niche.

It's a site about open source hacking. So the niche would be technology I suppose.
  • I'm not an expert on the niche - but I wouldn't think CPM is the way to go here. CPM works well on sites with a lot (but poor quality traffic, such as arcades, proxies etc).

You looked into PPI programs for this? Loudmo.com might have something relevant. Or you could also play it the other way - some people may be on the site to learn how to prevent issues, so perhaps a registry cleaner/virus scanner CPA might work well?
  • I haven't heard of Loudmo.com until now. I'll give it a look and see.
  • I'll just chime in here for a second, don't use loudmo and stick with PPC networks for technology related content/sites. Loudmo will discredit any type of "trust" you may have with readers and future readers.

Trinity