• So I'm perusing Flippa and I find this woman with a nice sales letter. As a BIN bonus she adds an Amazon store on a subdomain. Depending on the niche, that seems an easy and effective bonus. Comments?
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2010-07-27 19:53:42
  • No point me speculating. What's the link? I'll keep an eye on it. My money would be on it not being the best incentive.

Thomas
  • It's a SOLD site but it's here:
    http://flippa.com/auctions/95189/500-Mo ... press-Site
    She has a number of sold sites, some not sold. If it's not a great bonus I love being wrong. I'll learn more from being wrong till I'm right most of the time.

Buddy

[quote="Thomas"]
    No point me speculating. What's the link? I'll keep an eye on it. My money would be on it not being the best incentive.

Thomas
  • “BUY IT NOW BONUSES”

· 6 months free hosting on my server

· 50 plr articles to post on your site

· Strategy Guide for fast indexing and link building (this is incredibly useful information)

· WPRobot Plugin – post articles & clickbank products AUTOMATICALLY. Daily, weekly, you choose.

Seems the amazon store is a regular part of the site. They are REALLY easy to setup too so no reason why they can't be added.

Looks like she's featured that listing judging by the views. Tight on margins at the $147 BIN.

Decent success rate for her auctions (80%+) but look at the prices: http://flippa.com/users/353269

Would be very surprised if she turns a profit of more than a few $100 a month.

Thomas
  • To me her BIN bonuses suck. Although at least she is offering some. Most that I have seen don't.

They still suck.

6 months free hosting (ok that doesnt suck)

50 plr articles to post on your site (sucks.. why? Because no one wants reused crap and no one wants to have to post the articles themselves... my BIN would be 50 original articles that I will post to the site for you or have it drip feed 1 per day if its wordpress)

Strategy Guide for fast indexing and link building (sucks.. because again no one wants to read that and no one wants to have to implement it.. my BIN would be me doing the fast indexing and link building for them)

WPRobot Plugin (sucks... cause it just sounds like more work they have to do)

From what I have seen people love the 0:00 Hours required websites. They love when there are bonuses where you do all the work and they do nothing.

Give them 500 backlinks.. it will take you a few minutes to do with scrapebox.
    Give them 50 original articles (worried about the cost of outsourcing that? this is a BIN bonus only.. your BIN should be a crazy price.. so you can afford this easy)
    Give them 1 hour of your time to ask you anything at all.. about the website, about seo, about anything
    Give them email support in case they need help or get stuck

In my opinion people buying sites on Flippa want it easy. They want a site making money, they don't want to have to lift a finger, and they want someone there in case they have trouble or have any questions.. and I bet your support is more valuable to them than the site itself.
  • [quote="Brent Jacoby"]
    Give them 500 backlinks.. it will take you a few minutes to do with scrapebox.
    Give them 50 original articles (worried about the cost of outsourcing that? this is a BIN bonus only.. your BIN should be a crazy price.. so you can afford this easy)
    Give them 1 hour of your time to ask you anything at all.. about the website, about seo, about anything
    Give them email support in case they need help or get stuck

In my opinion people buying sites on Flippa want it easy. They want a site making money, they don't want to have to lift a finger, and they want someone there in case they have trouble or have any questions.. and I bet your support is more valuable to them than the site itself.

This is spot on. The bonuses you've listed above are very similar to the ones I use on my own auctions. With established sites I offer a lot more too.

As I mentioned in another thread, they are often buying access to you, and not the site itself - especially at the lower end of the market.
  • Yes. Is this why they are STILL buying autoblogs? Wow, seems like most buyers really aren't too smart.
  • [quote="BillyPilgrim"]
    Yes. Is this why they are STILL buying autoblogs? Wow, seems like most buyers really aren't too smart.

Bear in mind there may be a market for autoblogs still, but they are dying and barely go for a price to make it worth getting out of bed :)
  • I know a guy that makes almost 15k profit with autoblogs all on a 75$ VPS. I would say autoblogs still make some nice ROI if you know what you're doing. Never underestimate the intelligence of your buyers (A ton of CEOs have said that, including Steve Jobs).

Trinity
  • Never OVERestimate seems to me.
  • Really, why is that?

Trinity
  • Because it doesn't seem like a lot of them know what they are buying. They all want turn key, instant money sites. They want access to us to hold their hands.
  • [quote="BillyPilgrim"]
    Because it doesn't seem like a lot of them know what they are buying. They all want turn key, instant money sites. They want access to us to hold their hands.

I think Trinity's point was that the demand for autoblogs may be there from people who DO know what they are doing. And as such, these buyers/this market should not be under-estimated.
  • Ah, missed that part.

[quote="Thomas"]
    [quote="BillyPilgrim"]
    Because it doesn't seem like a lot of them know what they are buying. They all want turn key, instant money sites. They want access to us to hold their hands.

I think Trinity's point was that the demand for autoblogs may be there from people who DO know what they are doing. And as such, these buyers/this market should not be under-estimated.
  • Sorry, I tend to work out the logic in my own head with out writing/saying the details that would actually illustrate my point.

Trinity
  • Going back to the site for sale - I notice she got her reduced BIN price of $147. Can anyone give a rough idea of the profit you think she made out of this?
  • With that many views it's likely she featured auction, so:

$19 (listing) + $29 (featured) + $7 success fee (she pays) = $55

Domain = $10

Everything else is non-unique so I'd say she made about $82 profit. Not too bad if you can crank them out really quickly.
  • This makes me want to get back into autoblogging. Nostalgic