Flippa Auction Upgrades
  • I plan on doing my first flippa auction on Sat. I am thinking of making the BIN between $4,000 and $5,000.

I know you guys preach featuring the listing, but if you were selling a site for this much would you feature it more than once?

Also do you suggest using any of the other upgrades?

Listing Title in Bold — $5

The title of your listing on the front page or in search results will appear in bold to make it stand out and get you more traffic!

Listing Row Border — $8

Your listing will appear with a border around it both on the front page and on the listings page.

Listing Row Highlighted — $5

Your listing will appear highlighted in color both on the front page and on the listings page.

Screenshot on Listing Row — $12

Your listing will appear with a screenshot next to it on the listings page.

I guess a good question would be.. what upgrades do you suggest for any mid x,xxx and up sells.

And what upgrades do you suggest for xxx to low x,xxx?
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2010-06-02 17:55:20
  • I use highlighted. Just out of habit more than scientific research.

With XXXX sites I tend to feature quite often. Once at the start, a few times in the middle and right at the end too. It will end up costing you about an extra $100 but it's well worth it for the added exposure to different timezones and buyers.

Bear in mind with XXXX sales buyers generally take a little longer to decide. You won't get a BIN inside an hour :)

Sometimes you have to be a little patient and let it run out towards nearing the end of the auction. Be really proactive with people who are interested and try get them on IM/Skype/Phone to answer questions.