Selling Links Through text-link-ads. Google problem?
  • In the ebook, one of the recommendations was to sell ad space through text-link-ads. When I went to sell space on that site, I noticed that they required you to present your website name. I was hesitant to sign up for this reason.

Are websites that are listed here dinged by Google like they would be if they were on DP?

Thanks,

Mike
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2010-06-03 06:45:18
  • They take precaution not to give Google any evidence, but you'll never be 100% safe.

Trinity
  • Now the next problem arose -- I was rejected from text-link-ads. My site is at www. "moving" + "to" + "china" + "blog". com (not giving exact link as I am now paranoid of big G finding out my intentions. Could someone give me some ideas of why it was rejected? I get roughly 3000 unique visits per month. As I am new to all of this, I want to make sure that I'm not breaking any rules already.

Thanks,

Mike
  • [quote="SoMike"]
    Now the next problem arose -- I was rejected from text-link-ads. My site is at www. "moving" + "to" + "china" + "blog". com (not giving exact link as I am now paranoid of big G finding out my intentions. Could someone give me some ideas of why it was rejected? I get roughly 3000 unique visits per month. As I am new to all of this, I want to make sure that I'm not breaking any rules already.

Thanks,

Mike

TLA are quite strict with who they accept - I'm pretty sure you need more like 1000 UV's a day.

This is one of the reasons I suggest selling links privately - it's quite a lot more effort but you can ensure your URL is never exposed for link selling and also not worry about TLA's commission.