Your Opinion -- Scam or Not?
  • Hi,

I am considering a purchase of a website -- hadollar . com. I did my due diligence, but I have some concerns including:

* The site was listed on both Flippa and DP without a sale
    * The seller wanted me to send funds to someone else's Paypal account. Then he responded back saying that this account wasn't good and that I should send it elsewhere.
    * The majority of traffic seems to come from asia.
    * He isn't able to share traffic stats
    * Only 16% of traffic is coming from Google, in contrast, about 46% of traffic is coming from digital point (according to alexa)
    * There is no adsense revenue shown
    * The previous attempted sales showed false information
    * The seller is attempting to prove his sales by showing screenshots of paypal. I can't tell if the sales are for this specific site or another site.

The positives include:

* The seller actually has some good feedback on DP (over 30 positive responses)
    * The site is under 500,000 rank on alexa
    * PR of 3
    * Over 150 visits per day

A few questions:

* Are the advantages worth the risks?
    * How likely am I to get scammed?
    * Is there anything you would recommend for me to not get scammed?
    * Will I be able to flip the site later on another site? Will the previous sales impact my future credibility?
    * What's going on with him asking me to send it to someone else's Paypal account?

Thanks in advance,

Mike
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2010-06-05 11:19:47
  • * Are the advantages worth the risks? Absolutely not.
    * How likely am I to get scammed? 99%
    * Is there anything you would recommend for me to not get scammed? Don't make the exchange.
    * Will I be able to flip the site later on another site? Will the previous sales impact my future credibility? Yes, but you shouldn't have to worry about such a thing because you shouldn't be doing the exchange.
    * What's going on with him asking me to send it to someone else's Paypal account? What do you think? That's common sense.

If its too good to be true, it probably isn't true. Stop wasting your time and look for another site.

Trinity
  • True, true. I opted to pass on the site. Finding a site to flip is harder than I imagined :).

Thanks for the suggestion.

Mike