• Hi Guys,

I've loving reading all the threads here and browsing forums for sites for sale. The problem is that any site with PR3+ and a decent domain sells within hours so it's really hard to get them. I PM'd a seller within an hour of his listing (to try and haggle) and by the time I'd sent the message, it had sold for what he was asking!

So I'm wondering...as the PR update is soon, would it be worth buying a few decent PR0 that hardly need any work doing, blasting them with scrapebox/xrumer then waiting for the update to see what we get....? We'd potentially have xx number of sites with decent PR to flip, right?
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2010-06-12 06:01:28
  • Good plan, works well. Think we've got about a week or so until the next update - so better get blasting!

Re: DP, yes you have to work fast. Barely enough time to think usually.
  • That's what I want to hear. I just picked up Scrapebox.

[quote="Thomas"]
    Good plan, works well. Think we've got about a week or so until the next update - so better get blasting!

Re: DP, yes you have to work fast. Barely enough time to think usually.
  • Scrapebox is perfect for the job. Even a SEO noob like me can get a PR3 next update with about 30 mins work.
  • Thomas,
    Am I correct in thinking you wouldn't try to do that with a brand new site? And is that from a PR0?
  • Nope - all fresh domains. PR3 isn't hard to achieve just need a few decent links.
  • I'm deffo going to try it then :) It's just a shame the updates are only every 4 month as this could be a cold mine when combined with KFS.
  • I believe updates are every 3 months or so. Usually have 4 a year. Obviously, page rank is basically useless for everything but selling text links - so the update is generally good as a flipper (unless you PR drops).

Need to be careful not to sell ALL you sites purely earning through text links. Mix in some paid blog posts and private ads and you're laughing (works v well with blogs).
  • BTW, if you get Scrapebox I suggest you get a copy of Scrapebox Domination by Pat Jackson. It was a WSO or...well, we've already talked about BH sites.:dodgy:
  • Yeah, I'm not the best at monetizing sites so selling links, banners etc is going to be my route. As such, PR will be really important. Six nice domains purchased, let's see what we can do... :)

[quote="Thomas"]
    I believe updates are every 3 months or so. Usually have 4 a year. Obviously, page rank is basically useless for everything but selling text links - so the update is generally good as a flipper (unless you PR drops).

Need to be careful not to sell ALL you sites purely earning through text links. Mix in some paid blog posts and private ads and you're laughing (works v well with blogs).
  • *starts building PR9 backlinks*

------

EDIT: Actually, they're updating in september as their last update was in April. (That's what my collegues are telling me atleast)