Gathering a list of buyers
  • What do you guys think about the idea of gathering a list of potential buyers by including a link to your squeeze page in the auction?
    I've seen people do this and I decided to start doing it too. I mean there's nothing wrong with having a list of rich gullible people(my idea of the average website buyer on flippa) you can broadcast messages to at anytime, right? :rolleyes:

Are you already doing this or think it's a good idea?
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2010-05-26 03:40:45
  • I think it's a good thing to do but some clarification from Flippa would be useful as for some reason a few sellers (michelle adams being one) have stopped doing it, presumably because Flippa considers it being against it's T&C ...

On the other hand, I still ask anyone who contacts me regarding a listing (either makes a bid or asks a question) for their email address and a permission to email them every now and then, and manually add them to my list :)
  • I don't actually collect opt-ins from the auction itself - as I find often you will just get tire kickers or other flippers trying to find your niche :)

I ALWAYS keep in touch with my buyers after sale. Once you've gained the trust of a buyer you can sell them similar site(s) over and over for whatever mark-up you decide. I have a number of clients who regularly buy $XXXX sites from me that haven't cost me more than $200-400.

THEY need YOU. Never the other way around. Just remember that and your sales will go through the roof.
  • Well I haven't started doing it myself, but I have also heard of others doing it.

Actually it can be quite benefitical as you already have people who have bought from you before and they are proven to spend money
  • Hey,

I have a squeeze page too and I also gather buyers from my other blogging list.

I think it is how I cross-sell. Most newbies have difficulties setting up a proper blog
    and having a professionally looking blogs (our blogs) is a bonus. =)

So why not cross sell, upsell, downsell etc....

John
  • I agree. Adding the Buyers to your list is important. I could bot imagine a more targeted list of proven Money Spenders and it would be no wise decision, not to profit from this.