The best time to go for Featured?
  • Hi guys,

Need help here.
    What do you guys think the best time to put your listing as featured?
    And the reason you have chosen that time?
    Also, if your listing is 7 days, when will you put it as featured? Is it everyday or only for 3-4 times out of 7 days.

Thanks.

Akmal
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2010-08-16 14:30:40
  • Akmal,

It depends largely on the expected sale price (the lower the price the less you can feature obviously as $30 a pop will quickly eat up the margin when dealing with $200 sites) but as a rule of thumb, I generally feature an auction once either in the very beginning or alternatively when it's been up for a couple of hours (to get the initial bidding going), and then once again about 12-36 hours before it ends (people like auctions that end soon and are more inclined to bid compared to auctions that have been just listed).

As for timing - I've had the most success featuring between 7pm and 9pm UK time. The listing will usually remain on the front page for quite a while and it will get quite a bit of publicity as in Europe it's still not too late, in the States it's the morning and Australians start waking up soon after this as well.

Bryan
  • I'm sure this can be answered by going to Flippa, but...

When you are featured how long does it stay up for and do you have to pay $30 each time? Like you said, if featuring it 3 times for $90, there is really no profit to be won even if it sells for a lot more.
  • How can you not make a profit?

I recently sold a site for 12k and I had it featured 6 times (3 in the beginning of the auction and 3 in middle).

Still think you can't make profit? It really comes down to the sites that you have and how much they're worth.

Trinity
  • Nah, I meant a site worth $130 it's not worth it. Obviously if I expect $12k, What's $200?
  • Low ball sites (like I have) I feature 24 hrs before the auction ends. Bidding wars extend them for several hours.
  • If you have more time then money, then I recommend you go through business directories and pick out companies that are related to your site. If you can provide good quality leads, then you may be able to sell to brick & mortar companies. I've sold sites to people who never considered it.

Selling it is a bit more difficult but the ROI is always ridiculously good.

Trinity
  • [quote="Trinity"]
    If you have more time then money, then I recommend you go through business directories and pick out companies that are related to your site. If you can provide good quality leads, then you may be able to sell to brick & mortar companies. I've sold sites to people who never considered it.

Selling it is a bit more difficult but the ROI is always ridiculously good.

Trinity

Upsell consulting and you're on your way to a very profitable business in no time at all ;)