• Just bought me a new site from DP.I already installed on my hosting and everything is working like it used to work before i bought it.And now i really need you opinions on how to improve the site to make this a successfully flip.I bought the site for $20 and i think it was a good deal.So now here we go with the site and some details about it.

You can check out the site here : http://bit.ly/98klr7 ( i still have to change the adsense link and amazone links )

Now here are some details for the site and i will quote the seller here :

The site 1.5 month old site. This is an automatic content generated site so there is no work required
    Keywords "gold duvet cover" ranked on Google page 1 out of 1,120,000 results. See attached file.
    According to Google Keyword Tool, the word "gold duvet cover" has 12,100 monthly searches sith estimated CPC $1.17. See attached file.
    Adsense revenue for 3 weeks is $1.16, not impressive but with some effort in getting backlinks, there is no reason why you can't get to spot 1 of Google with the same keywords. Getting into top 5 would easily double your Adsense earning. See attached file.
    This site is still new and I just installed Google Analytics several weeks ago, so there's no traffic stats.

Here are some screenshots with the site stats :
    http://forums.digitalpoint.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=40428&d=1275884541

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=40429&d=1275884553

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=40430&d=1275884562

Now i need you opinion on this one like how to improve it,how much can i get for it,should i build more backlinks any tips are welcome so please feel free to post what do you think.I really need to make this work and recover my investment and then move on to bigger sites.Thanks.

Krayzie
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2010-06-19 14:57:46
  • I think the answer always is-is the work worth the potential of greater income? Or is it better to flip for profit then buy bigger and better?
    But I'm new too.
  • Oh look, another autoblog.

Trinity
  • According to Google Keyword Tool, the word "gold duvet cover" has 12,100 monthly searches sith estimated CPC $1.17. See attached file.

Well just so you know. The keyword "gold duvet cover" only gets 720 exact match local searches a month. 2,400 if you wanted to know the global exact match amount.

Also according to google the cpc is .89. Not sure if its different in the external tool. (I am using the one while I am logged in to my adwords account)

There is a reason why they are saying there isnt traffic and barely any adsense earnings. If it were getting 12,000 searches a month, at that position there would be traffic and earnings.

Looking at the site. I would change the look of the adsense. I know people like to make the adsense blend in with the site... but why? It's not going to make me want to click it and its very hard to look at. Change the adsense headline links to blue, and make them large font.

This site is still new and I just installed Google Analytics several weeks ago, so there's no traffic stats.

What? That makes no sense. It takes like one day for google analytics to start showing the traffic stats. I guess they didn't want to show you there really was no traffic.
  • I'll try and help. This isn't as bad as it looks at first glance. The keyword phrase gets around 80 searches a day. Not great of course. The competition is crap. You should be able to get top spot inside a month. It's already in 8th position with no linking and no unique content. Having said that there will be little none at the bottom of page one for now.

Delete the blog and start again. Add 5 unique articles. Get them from ezine and rewrite them. That's about 2 hours work. Make the site ugly. Even use the standard theme that installs with Wordpress and stick big ugly Google ads at the top. Do some backlinking. Once you hit top spot create a shop page and stick an Amazon astore on it. Very easy to do and costs nothing.

Then never touch it again and let it make passive income for you without doing anything. You could flip it for a profit in a few months if you can show it making some cash regularly, but you'll need to make it look pretty again.

Alternatively try and get rid of it right away and make your money back.
  • Google Adsense allow to place on auto blog? Maybe its work for existing Adsense account. When I apply new Adsense account with 4 years old auto blog which ranking on 1st page of Google , Yahoo and BING they rejected by saying "duplicate content site".
  • [quote="myolay21"]
    Google Adsense allow to place on auto blog? Maybe its work for existing Adsense account. When I apply new Adsense account with 4 years old auto blog which ranking on 1st page of Google , Yahoo and BING they rejected by saying "duplicate content site".

Yea sure why not? All the article directories have the same articles (duplicate content) and they all have adsense.

The key is that you have to sign up with a unique site. Or use a blogger blog and make several posts on it over a weeks time and then sign up through blogger. Thats what I did and got in.
  • [quote="dotcomdesigns"]
    Once you hit top spot create a shop page and stick an Amazon astore on it. Very easy to do and costs nothing.

Interesting you mention Astore. I have two sites one with an astore and the other without. The Astore garnered no revenue whilst the other which turned amazon pages into posts garnered a bit.

I read on Digital Point as well that astore created less revenue than direct Amazon posts. Have you had positive experience with Astore to make me reconsider trying it again?