Flippa: New Auction Listing Page - Thoughts?
  • As many of you have probably noticed, Flippa has updated the looks of their listing page last night.

Just curious what do you guys think about the change - do you like it? Dislike it?

I personally like some of the changes a lot (the compact "info panel" at the top for instance), but haven't made up my mind about some others. I'll join the discussion later with more comments :)

Bryan
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2010-06-21 12:23:53
  • My first reaction is that there is too much going on. And it seems they made the letters and numbers much smaller. Kinda hard to read.

Also I was just looking at the ending soon auctions. Didn't it used to say bidding would extend the auction 4 hours? Seems they got rid of that.. and that's good in my opinion.

I went through several listings and didn't see anything about reserve prices. Whether it isn't met yet or if bidding has gone over reserve. I think that's good as well for sellers.
  • Think they've rushed it a little bit. There seems to be a few things missing (see the comments on the blog post). I do quite like seeing the figures, but usually I take them with a pinch of salt until after my due diligence.
  • Wow, could they have made anything smaller?

Trinity
  • Doesn't seem to have gone down too well: http://flippa.com/blog/news/new-flippa-auction-page/

Always going to be a few "wow Flippa you are amazing" people, but most people seem to think quite a bit has been missed off or ignored.
  • I got a new term for it; flippafanboys.

Trinity
  • The font is a little small and all the info about the site is not very well arranged in the page...
  • I like the stuff at the top.. I'm willing to forgive them the rest because the stuff at the top makes life so much easier. :D
  • I've been in the woodshed so just now looked at it. It SUCKS!
  • Btw where are the number of views that an auction receive.I looked everywhere but I can't seem to find it.
  • They are only showing the number of views to the person that listed the auction.
  • [quote="Brent Jacoby"]
    They are only showing the number of views to the person that listed the auction.

Yeah i thought that would be the case ..but I was hoping to see from other auctions as well.
  • [quote="Brent Jacoby"]
    They are only showing the number of views to the person that listed the auction.

I don't like that. I complained about it and their reasoning is that a lot of people artificially inflate views by buying traffic (really?) or by refreshing (I'm almost certain they only counted 1 view per IP anyway) - so not sure on that to be honest.

Thomas
  • I don't like it either. And also I refreshed my auction probably 5,000 times and my views never went up from me. I think it was only 1 view per ip as well.

[quote="Thomas"]
    [quote="Brent Jacoby"]

I don't like that. I complained about it and their reasoning is that a lot of people artificially inflate views by buying traffic (really?) or by refreshing (I'm almost certain they only counted 1 view per IP anyway) - so not sure on that to be honest.

Thomas