The domain used when flipping sites.
  • Normally I wouldn't ask this question but I've been surprised by how many of these types of domains are available.

Keywordfans.com
    keywordfan.com

Ok, for an example lets say I found starwarfans.com available. Does this sound good to you (the domain)? I mean lately I've been finding a ton of good keywordfan/fans domain that I could easily build content and flip. I just want to make sure I"m not creating my own "likeness".

And yes I have searched Google. There are a couple of different keywordfan domains around such as narutofan and narniafans.

I just want to make sure I"m not going crazy and that it actually sounds good for fansites/information sites/ tv sites.

Thanks,
    Fruit
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2010-05-06 17:12:17
  • If you can brand it - why not!

I was chatting to the owner of mybb [edit: they dont own the .com, but mybb is the software] (same software we use for flippingnetwork) and he has a huge network of sites using the following: keywordforum(s).com OR .net, which he swears by. To me the key is consitency.

Good thing to do with the domains like you mentioned (totally giving away my current business model :D) would be:

Setup a forum on: keywordblah.com
    Setup a fan page on Facebook
    Get other social media accounts (Twitter etc)
    Post YouTube videos with your URL in the footer
    Seed the forum with some good initial content
    Monetize it.
    You can also do what I like to call cross-monetizing: this would be building a relevant network of sites to leverage off your forum. For example, if you have starwarsfans.com - build a movie site, watchstarwars.com, monetize with a gateway.

Once you have 10 of these up and running you can see which is doing well (and not so well) and flip the ones you don't want anymore :)
  • Thanks, I think I"ll follow a few of those routes.
  • [quote="meathead1234"]
    If you can brand it - why not!

I was chatting to the owner of mybb [edit: they dont own the .com, but mybb is the software] (same software we use for flippingnetwork) and he has a huge network of sites using the following: keywordforum(s).com OR .net, which he swears by. To me the key is consitency.

Good thing to do with the domains like you mentioned (totally giving away my current business model :D) would be:

Setup a forum on: keywordblah.com
    Setup a fan page on Facebook
    Get other social media accounts (Twitter etc)
    Post YouTube videos with your URL in the footer
    Seed the forum with some good initial content
    Monetize it.
    You can also do what I like to call cross-monetizing: this would be building a relevant network of sites to leverage off your forum. For example, if you have starwarsfans.com - build a movie site, watchstarwars.com, monetize with a gateway.

Once you have 10 of these up and running you can see which is doing well (and not so well) and flip the ones you don't want anymore :)

OMG

Watchout it's Imran! In disguise:P

Or maybe not, but it sounds like his fanpage cash wso thingy.

But I know it isn't Imran.

It's the unbelieveable, incredible meathead! :D

But yeah sounds good man

a thanks is coming your way just to keep you motivated ;)
  • Haha, needless to say I've never actually read any of Imran's stuff.

If he suggested something similar then this would be a good tactic to add value to fan pages as a site you control will always have more value than something controlled by Facebook. Maybe he read my thread a few weeks ago on BHW on a similar topic and ripped it?!

Works well though. If you have fan pages don't just rinse them for CPA offers until they die - diversify your traffic and add value to assets you own.

[quote="chockfactor"]
    OMG

Watchout it's Imran! In disguise:P

Or maybe not, but it sounds like his fanpage cash wso thingy.

But I know it isn't Imran.

It's the unbelieveable, incredible meathead! :D

But yeah sounds good man

a thanks is coming your way just to keep you motivated ;)
  • This thread is really valuable. From now on I will be browsing this forum with a pen and a notebook right beside me.
  • You should always use a journal for business idea and daily writings. Glad you found the info useful.

Fruit