what wordpress premium theme is the best one?
  • Hey, guys:

I am thinking of buying a premium wordpress theme to improve websites appearance. There are quite a few out there, I wonder for the purpose of appreance and SEO, which one should I go with?

I heard a lot of studiopress. They do look good. Is there any good alternatives? I just want to have more options.

Thanks

Richard
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2010-08-30 11:53:05
  • Why don't you pay for a custom one?

Trinity
  • thank you for your reply, Trinity.
    I don't know much about the wordpress theme. Could you please tell me about the difference between premium one and custom one? The custome one is the one that needs to be designed every time? if so, it looks like quite expensive, because I checke freelance websites and those web designers would easily charge you like $10/hour.

Thank you

Richard
  • I would argue you are much better off getting a premium theme than a custom one. I tend to use Thesis for a lot of my sites. I recently discovered the white house theme by Pagelines which is available as both a free and premium theme which I really like and have a look on The Warrior Forum for a theme called Privateer which is available as a WSO and has the most incredibly generous licence of any premium theme I have ever seen!
  • [quote="justin"]
    I would argue you are much better off getting a premium theme than a custom one. I tend to use Thesis for a lot of my sites. I recently discovered the white house theme by Pagelines which is available as both a free and premium theme which I really like and have a look on The Warrior Forum for a theme called Privateer which is available as a WSO and has the most incredibly generous licence of any premium theme I have ever seen!

Thank you for your information. I will go to warrior fourm to check it out....

Richard
  • Actually, Trinity is right here, if you hire someone who knows what he's doing it might cost you a bit more but it'll also give you a better result and make you more money in the end.

To be honest, there is no "best theme".

Stefan
  • Just dug out the Privateer Theme homepage. Its here. To me it looks completely awesome and the licence is fantastic. http://www.theprivateertheme.com/ Its available as a Warrior Forum special offer here: http://www.warriorforum.com/warrior-spe ... 1-6-a.html
  • Trinity is right.

Get a good one designed (will cost you MAX $200 for a decent one). Use this over and over on your own sites.

Put up a quick site for the theme, something like: Thomas' Awesome Wordpress Theme (.com) with a licensing option (like $500 or something high). When you write your listing you can say it comes with a license to Thomas' Awesome Wordpress Theme WORTH $500. Of course, you are the only one who uses this theme, but it adds exclusivity to your auction, along with a huge amount of percieved value. You never know, you may even sell a few licenses of the theme along the way ;)
  • Hey, Thomas, having your own theme is such a good idea.:P i am definately gonna have someone create one for me.

When I ask someone to develop a theme for me, what factors should be created that would boost the chance of my sites to be flipped out? Off top of my head now, I think adsense optimization should be the one. Ayone else want to contribute?

thanks

[quote="Thomas"]
    Trinity is right.

Get a good one designed (will cost you MAX $200 for a decent one). Use this over and over on your own sites.

Put up a quick site for the theme, something like: Thomas' Awesome Wordpress Theme (.com) with a licensing option (like $500 or something high). When you write your listing you can say it comes with a license to Thomas' Awesome Wordpress Theme WORTH $500. Of course, you are the only one who uses this theme, but it adds exclusivity to your auction, along with a huge amount of percieved value. You never know, you may even sell a few licenses of the theme along the way ;)
  • Well pick the best aspects of the "premium" themes out there and combine them into one :)
  • 1. A design that you can use on multiple sites
    2. Adsense optimization
    3. SEO optimized
    4. Let him make you a template for the BG so you can easily make a new one ;)
  • Thanks, guys.

hey, Stefan: what is BG you mentioned in your reply? thanks
  • Alright, I had a background designed for a forum of mine ( http://www.d3owned.com/images/warrior/b ... s/d3bg.png ) but I also made him give me a template so I could make my own background, all I have to do now is put in a different image and it'll automatically be cut like that etc.
  • I think what rmao8866 meant what what does BG stand for :)

Answer: background.
  • yes, Bryan you got me, :)

But Stefan, thank you for giving me such detailed infor. hehe. that background is so cool, man!
  • Oh, right, sorry, oh well, now you really now what I mean :p
  • Privateer theme looks good for someone who starting out like me.Guess i'll go ahead and buy it.What do you say guys?
  • Well I recommend it. Its cheaper than getting a premium theme custom designed and will be better than most of them as well. You also have the advantage that you can add it as a selling factor. That you are including one of the most poewerfully customizable premium themes that normally costs $127. Not as powerful a selling point as Thomas' $500 custom theme inckuded but still pretty good!
  • Justin, you are so funny..... :)
  • Hi guys,

with the custom & privateer themes do you add the normal pluggins like all-in-one-seo etc etc i checked out the privateer theme its HUGELY customizable, usually i just search for the free adsense niche and apply it, this can act as a bonus when flipping ur site! ($127 x 12 = $1524 per flip xtra wishfull thinking)
  • It kind of depends. Privateer and Thesis which are the two premium themes I tend to use both have built in SEO functionality. If you study Mike Johnsons Autoblog Blueprint ( A truly excellent course) he says its up to you whether you use the themes inbuilt SEO or use a plugin. If a theme has SEO built in I tend to prefer using that as the less plugins the better from my point of view!
  • a quick question i was reading up last night about thisd topic, i found a site that explained how to check faulty plugins or finding the ones that slow your site down...

My question with themes how many plugins will start slowing down your wp? example i found neswranker which works great for press releases for me so far!
  • It really depends. Some plugins will slow it down much more than others. Sounds like an interesting post you found, would love to see the link.

Certainly some plugins can have an adverse effect. Its worthwhile having WP-Super Cache enabled on your blogs though, especially if you are expecting a lot of traffic.
  • Il check my history if I can find it for you, i went through about 50+ pages but i think it was in warrior under adsense ;>

What does the super cache do?
  • Super cache makes a cache of each post so once someone has viewed it the database doesnt have to work to recreate the page so it should decrease the page load time and reduce the work the database has to do. It is especially useful on high traffic blogs.
  • I had to take super cache off because I had text-link-ads.com ads on the site, and the caching seemed to mess with the ads so that they didn't show up when new ones were approved.
  • Ah, I have no experience of text-link-ads really. Its probably a good thing to look at from a monetization point of view. Where were you getting the link ads from, and how much were they making you?

I suspect that is right thogh a caching solution wont work with text link ads if they change all the time. if they change when you are on the site or you manually change them then you would just reset the cache and start again.
  • Quick add to WP-Super Cache, I am using Mike Johnsons incredible Autoblog Blueprint program. In it he recommends instead of WP-Super Cache you use W3 Super Cache. Don't know if that would be better for text links or not. Autoblog Blueprint is incredible... You can get it on the WF for $77 or you can ask me and I will kick back my commission to fellow flipping network people, once it has been paid to me.
  • Another is Socrates Theme, very user friendly, costs $77 for unlimited version. You can buy 10 resell licenses for $200. You can change background on the fly and if it doesn't have background you like, just upload an image.

Features Include..

Built in Header Generator
    200+ Niche Header Designs
    Upload Your Own Headers
    4 Custom Nav Bars with New Window and No Follow Links!
    Optional Built In Adsense, Affiliate and Clickbank Ad Bar
    Social Media Slider - Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn,YouTube, RSS
    Choose from Dozens of Backgrounds On The Fly
    Custom Styling and Color Options
    Affiliate Program Integration
    728x90 Banner Custom HTML Rotator
    Multiple Sidebar Layouts
    Internet Marketing and Wordpress Training
    Monetize With Any Affiliate Program or Network
    Sales Page Templates
    No Side Bar Template
    Squeeze Page Template
    Advanced SEO Layout
    In Post Ad Units - Can be Disabled on Per Post Basis!
    Incredible Support and Community Forum

Just do a google search for Socrates Theme.
    They have a 10 minute video intro telling about what is possible.
    Larryh
    I am pleased with it
  • I have been thinking more about custom themes. One of the big advantages is that you can have a backlink to your site in the footer which can be nice.

However I still prefer Thesis and tend to use it for most of my sites and use Privateer on a few others. Thesis is though probably the most highly customisable theme I have come up with and has good in built SEO.