SEO question
  • I have a site in the Forex niche at #7. My site is Keywordguide.com., PR1. Market Samurai shows it with an Index Count of 90, BLP of 45, BLD of 50. My competitor is at #3 with Keyword.net. His site has a prettier theme, less content, 0 PR an IC of 7 and zero back links. Both are MFA, mine WP, his probably XSP.
    So why is he ranking higher?
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2010-06-21 16:30:12
  • PM Stefan.If anyone knows SEO better than him here i would chew my own hand ;)
  • From just a basic SEO perspective, my mind immediately questions the age of both sites. Has his been indexed for a longer period of time than yours?

Of course, EMD still does carry a lot of weight in the SERPS.

Also, his content might be better themed to the keyword. I think especially since the latest Google update, LSI keywords and on-page optimization has become super important for ranking high for any given keyword.

As you know, there are all sorts of variables at play here. And 9 times out of 10 I find that I can't really explain a lot of things when it comes to Google. I don't think anyone can, 'cept Google.
  • [quote="fozer0l"]
    PM Stefan.If anyone knows SEO better than him here i would chew my own hand ;)

What have you seen to justify such a bold statement as this?
  • Great post rckuhns. I agree 100%.

My first thought was his even match domain as well. And like you said, age can play a big factor as well.
  • His Google cache age is 1 higher than mine
  • Might be me but Keywordguide.com is a parked domain for me.

@J1218 - It's my sexyass color xD
  • What does that mean?

My search of the term doesn't describe my site. It has 5 unique posts and is a MFA micro site.
  • [quote="Stefan"]
    Might be me but Keywordguide.com is a parked domain for me.

Lol - he meant [keyword]guide.com - replace [keyword] with his real keyword. Clearly didn't want to expose it on the forum.
  • [quote="Stefan"]

I hope that's a joke....[hr]
    [quote="fozer0l"]
    PM Stefan.If anyone knows SEO better than him here i would chew my own hand ;)

So... which hand do you like less?
  • [quote="Thomas"]
    [quote="Stefan"]

Lol - he meant [keyword]guide.com - replace [keyword] with his real keyword. Clearly didn't want to expose it on the forum.

I know, I'm bored as fuck :p

Send me a PM with both the sites so I can check 'm out ^^
  • I'll kill ya!:cool:
  • Haha, okay xD
  • Stefan,
    So why do you think it does better than mine here in the US? BTW, he told me I'm outranking that site in The Netherlands (you mean, Zeeland, and Friesland, too?).
  • Hello,

Yeah, you're on 4th place in NL where your competitor is on 7th.
    Apperently we're just more interested in your site than people in the US xD I dunno man, be glad though.
    If I were you I'd definitely look at getting there in the US 2, shouldn't be too hard.

Stefan