Questions about buying this site
  • hey guys.. im repsolman from bhw and I am about to start my journey into site flipping with my first site. So far I have learned TONS just from this forum alone let alone the ebook itself. I am learning a lot just from reading the information that this forum contains. Im about to buy my first site, and I need a few suggestions. Its a movie site that is monetized with cpalead, and the owner supposedly made $587 total in revenue with it. Heres the thread and site. I am ready to buy it but before I make the jump I would like to have a few suggestions from a few members on here. Hope this works out ! :P

http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1846078
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2010-06-23 09:58:20
  • Hey mate,

I know movie sites are tempting as they can have high revenues, but generally it's best to avoid them as it's against Flippa's TOS to sell there. The only way round the Flippa TOS is posting it when their support isn't around, so if (and when) your auction gets flagged it will already have sold :D 10am-10pm UK time is usually quite safe.

Thomas
  • [quote="Thomas"]
    Hey mate,

I know movie sites are tempting as they can have high revenues, but generally it's best to avoid them as it's against Flippa's TOS to sell there. The only way round the Flippa TOS is posting it when their support isn't around, so if (and when) your auction gets flagged it will already have sold :D 10am-10pm UK time is usually quite safe.

Thomas

hey thomas how are you doing?

yep, its really tempting but i didnt know that its against flippas tos... oh well hopefully someone outbids me on the auction haha. As for a site to look for, what do you recommend i look into? And plus, would a iPad site be against flippas tos too? I think it might since it involves copyright or something like that. But nonetheless, im still looking for a site :)
  • Why don't you take a look at Flippa's TOS before you decide to purchase a site?

Trinity
  • [quote="Trinity"]
    Why don't you take a look at Flippa's TOS before you decide to purchase a site?

Trinity

Actually, thats a great idea! I will go ahead and take a look through the TOS. Thanks for pointing it out :cool:

Repsolman