Due Diligence For DP Site Sellers
  • I have always heard that there are a lot of scammers at DP. Just wanted to know if anyone has been ripped off by site sellers at DP?

And of course, how many people have always had positive experiences at DP?

What are the factors that you include in your due diligence for DP site sellers? For example:

-Number of iTrades
    -Seller has his/her own website (usually listed in his signature or profile)
    -Positive Feedback
    -Number of years her DP account has been around

Any more factors?
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2011-05-27 22:11:19
  • FKS, I was just wondering the same. But since nobody responded to your post,
    I take it that the factors you mentioned are the ones to check?

Anybody out there?[hr]
    [quote="Caramba"]
    FKS, I was just wondering the same. But since nobody responded to your post,

Anybody out there?

For me the main is how to get payment safely?
  • [quote="Caramba"]

Anybody out there?[hr]
    [quote="Caramba"]

Anybody out there?

For me the main is how to get payment safely?

Due diligence is a huge topic. I think you pointed out some good ones specific to DP.

Another tip is to make sure the seller actually controls the domain and website. You can send an email to the "whois" record and have the person upload a file to their hosting to make sure.

I always like to do a screen sharing session with the seller to verify all their claims.

As far as getting payment safely. If the seller is willing to push you the domain before you send payment, that's one option. You may also consider paying half, then getting everything, then paying the other half. Otherwise using a third party escrow can be a good idea. If you pay with Paypal or a credit card, there may be an option to file a dispute if the seller doesn't deliver.

Hope those help!
  • I have a hard time finding anything good at DP :( I know, I'm new to this and probably have no experience to spot nice deal, but I prefer to miss something than get ripped... I think iTrader is a good point, but not just numbers, actual feedback, ie I don't care about buyer's points, I want to see sellers. Also I always ask for the GA access, sometimes they are genuine and give it to you and then it's just clear that it doesn't worth it, but sometimes they ignore you or give some excuses, so I stay away. After a while close searching on DP I still didn't buy anything (I'm looking for medium-range sites)
    Anybody noticed the same? Looks like it's a dead market now, tons of newbies or scammers... I'm very disappointed. Couple of more weeks and I just give it up and proceed with making my own staff, at least I know what and how to do ;)