How would you approach SEO on this website?
  • So i have a website that I want to sell off.

Unfortunately it isn't very well keyword targeted. It has alot of content which isn't particularly well targeted to anything in particular.

The good news is that I have 84 different keywords on the first two pages of google.

If you were in this position with this site, what would you do?

I'm thinking that I should look up how much traffic each of these keywords get, and focus on the ones with volume. Try to give them a push up the page to increase traffic.

Is this a good idea or is there something else I could/should try?

Agh.

:)
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2010-06-28 03:48:06
  • You definitely want to look at which keywords are getting traffic and you then want to try and evaluate which of those keywords is worth the most and which are searched the most. You may find some have no real value. A good indicator is how much people would pay per click.

Its slightly difficult to give huge advice without actually seeing the site. Does it have lots of backlinks? Is it well optimised on page? Anyway I suspect I would try and pull together a common theme.

Have fun and let us know when you put it up for sale.
  • Hey,

Justin in completely right here.
    If I were you I'd take the top 10 keywords you're ranking for (Top 10 as in top 10 most searched) and just make sure you rank for those on Rank 1-5.

Stefan