Listed my new site - please give feedback
  • Hi everyone, I've been flipping from back when Sitepoint was still the place to go, however last year I sort of stopped as I have a few customers that get my sites (at a rather low price) directly, however this way all fees are avoided.
    But after reading the flipping ebook and joining this forum, I've decided to give it another go, and listed one of my many Adsense microniche sites at http://flippa.com/auctions/98799

Can you please have a look and give me your feedback? One mistake I already know I did is that I accepted all the fees. Will know better for the next time.

Any tips, hints, etc, for a next listing appreciated. Btw I hate it that we no longer can use colors and different fonts (sizes, etc) in the listing. The descriptions are quite boring right now I think.

Thanks for looking!
    Marika
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2010-06-30 11:52:50
  • cool little site, wonder how you managed to get it up to Google no1 and 2 spot with so little content ?
  • You're kidding me? My site has more content than most of Adsense sites out there (think in terms of Xfactor sites of 1-5 pages) :D. In the Xfactor world mine is considered an authority site, lol. (and I'm not kidding you). Plus it does help that I have the exact keyword as the domain, no prefix or suffix added.
    It took me a while but I was writing articles regularly and doing other backlinking stuff and eventually things just got into place I guess. It's quite easy, just a bit time consuming until it gets there.
    That's what I do regularly except not so much at Flippa as selling directly to my ex-Flippa customers (avoid the fees and transactions are much smoother, plus we trust already each other, etc).
  • Nice work!
    Your video guides are calm and very informative!
    Hope your getting even more bids,
    Pat
  • Hi Marika,
    I recognize you from LD. How's that going? Too much work for me, although Kristina is clearly brilliant. Have you signed up for her latest training?

Buddy
  • [quote="BillyPilgrim"]
    Hi Marika,
    I recognize you from LD. How's that going? Too much work for me, although Kristina is clearly brilliant. Have you signed up for her latest training?

Buddy

Yes I did, although right now I'm not doing much with LD to be honest. Too much work for me and I can clearly bring my niche sites to page 1 only with basic SEO. Maybe if I had only one megasite to work with LD on it only, but I have almost 30 sites by now, and I can't spend days at no end only for one site only, when there is no need for it. Also while she is clearly brilliant and all, there are a few areas where I disagree with her, but anyway this thread is not about LD :D
    I'm waiting for Link Dozer 2, see if it makes life a bit easier instead of making it more complicated the way it does it now.[hr]
    [quote="reports"]
    Nice work!
    Your video guides are calm and very informative!
    Hope your getting even more bids,
    Pat

Thanks Pat! These are my first 2 videos ever and I had a strong stage fright so I'm afraid my foreign accent (a mix of Hungarian and German) is showing through very clearly... But now that I know I can do it, the next ones will be better.
  • Hey,

Very nice auction - seems to be doing well too. Can't think of anything I would change except adding a BIN. This is quite important - even if it is a high number (maybe $1497 or similar).

Thomas
  • Thanks Thomas. Just added a BIN of $900. Let's see if anyone bites. That would be cool as it would mean about 22x monthly earnings or so.
    Btw, I know you said it's quite important and subconsciously I also sort of get it, still, but why exactly is better a BIN compared to without and letting the market decide?
  • I like to use a BIN to give bidders a decisive call to action. I usually make it quite high as sometimes those involved in a bidding war will just want to BIN and make sure they win it. It can be increased/reduced at any time too. You always want interested parties to be able to end an auction there and then - some won't bother to bid if they see a lot of other action, but may well BIN if it is reasonable.
  • Ah ok, makes sense now, a psychological trigger. Great, thanks a lot!