Here's my first auction:
  • Smoke No Longer

EDIT: Fixed the link for you mate. ~Bryan
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2010-07-03 21:26:21
  • I get a permission denied when I follow that link.
  • Worked for me, are you registered?
  • I get access denied too... when I'm logged in.[hr]
    try this: http://flippa.com/auctions/98684/Establ ... First-Page
  • I got in by removing the last bit (auctions) and then simply clicking on the auction listed on the page.
  • Thanks bryan,
    How do I make this auction end late Saturday afternoon? It still says 4 days 9 hours as of this writing.

Buddy
  • When you open up your auction page, there's a link that says something along the lines of "reduce auction duration" (I haven't got any active auctions right now so can't check the exact wording). When you click it, you can specify how soon (counting from the very moment you press the button) you want the auction to end.

If I remember correctly, you can only specify the number of days - so it means that if you were to reduce the duration now and specify 3 days then it would end in exactly 72 hours from now. If you want it to end on Saturday evening then you should wait until later today and do it then.
  • Thanks mate!

[quote="bryanon"]
    When you open up your auction page, there's a link that says something along the lines of "reduce auction duration" (I haven't got any active auctions right now so can't check the exact wording). When you click it, you can specify how soon (counting from the very moment you press the button) you want the auction to end.

If I remember correctly, you can only specify the number of days - so it means that if you were to reduce the duration now and specify 3 days then it would end in exactly 72 hours from now. If you want it to end on Saturday evening then you should wait until later today and do it then.
    [hr]
    So the auction is off to the netherworld of "not the first page". What time should I feature it on Sat for a sale?

Buddy
  • Hey Billy, as someone who wants to stop smoking I thought this an interesting site. I think you will find it hard to sell a site with no reported revenue and no reported traffic for a decent price. It is also ranking well for a keyword that no-one is searching for.

Its a shame because it is a nice looking site, so you may get interest from that aspect. I was going to put a bid in for you to make it look like the site had interest but then realised I might end up owning it and I am not sure I want any more sites right now!
  • justin,
    Yeah, it's number 1 in google and yahoo but "smoke no longer" get ZERO searches. I bought it based on the look and hopes that someone would see the niche as huge as opposed to the keyword. Live and learn.

Buddy

So, no point in featuring? Just chock it up as a loss?

[quote="justin"]
    Hey Billy, as someone who wants to stop smoking I thought this an interesting site. I think you will find it hard to sell a site with no reported revenue and no reported traffic for a decent price. It is also ranking well for a keyword that no-one is searching for.

Its a shame because it is a nice looking site, so you may get interest from that aspect. I was going to put a bid in for you to make it look like the site had interest but then realised I might end up owning it and I am not sure I want any more sites right now!
  • I would be tempted not to spend the money on promoting it. It might be worth your while setting up a Twitter Account and using something like tweetattacks to build a following amongst people trying to stop smoking to drive some traffic to it.

Personally I wont consider putting a site on flippa until it has some decent traffic and preferably some revenue.

However I am no expert at flipping having yet put a site up for auction. I have one that I stupidly bought on Digital Point that I have just started driving traffic too..... Around 10 visits a day at the moment, which is better than the zero it was getting before.... But still no revenue! If I can get some revenue coming in then I will probably end up flipping it as it doesnt really fit into my autoblog portfolio. The other site I am considering selling is for an affiliate product but they are just bringing out a new version of the product so I am hoping that will boost sales for me. I am also slighltly reluctant to flip it as it is in a not hugely competitive niche. We will see!
  • Few things I would do:

The formatting on the main auction is a little out - so would make sure everything is aligned properly.

Add a Facebook & LinkedIn account to your account to add trust (maybe an Avatar too)

Feature it with 24 hours to go. The turnkey market has slowed quite a lot in the last month or so but I'd still hope it would get some decent interest.
  • I saw that, thought it was my comouter. How do I realign? I've put Facebook on, I'll do LinkedIn as well.

Thanks,
    Buddy

[quote="Thomas"]
    Few things I would do:

The formatting on the main auction is a little out - so would make sure everything is aligned properly.

Add a Facebook & LinkedIn account to your account to add trust (maybe an Avatar too)

Feature it with 24 hours to go. The turnkey market has slowed quite a lot in the last month or so but I'd still hope it would get some decent interest.
  • Update
    Auction continued again (it's gonna be a late night)...Paid $20 for site, featured for $29, current bid-$65.
    I'm in the black.

Buddy

-------------
    it's just like the offline real estate market. You make you money when you buy.
  • Way to go buddy! Thats awesome news. I saw it had hit $20 earlier. Seriously pleased for you and shows what I know!
  • No worries, my brother. You've been a big help.[hr]
    BTW it's up to $85. Not great, but not too shamn dabby, either.