Flippa Site Verification
  • Hi all,
    When verifying the site ownership, one can either ftp up a small text file or by adding something in the meta tags.
    Could someone please paste Flippa's description of the meta verification (the second method)? I'd need their exact description to test a few things :cool:

Also, if I am not totally wrong, the text file you download, that is empty right, just named with the auction number?

Couldn't find any old text files keeping dust at my harddrive... :rolleyes:

All information appreciated,
    Pat

(Nope, I havent't any problems to verify any site right now, just got some idea...)
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2010-07-10 16:38:05
  • Could someone please paste Flippa's description of the meta verification (the second method)? I'd need their exact description to test a few things

Sure. I'll try and remember it when listing my next auction.

Also, if I am not totally wrong, the text file you download, that is empty right, just named with the auction number?

Nope, it isn't empty.

The file name itself is flippa_[auctionID].txt but it contains a 16bit (might've been 32 - doesn't matter) code.
  • reports, I'm curious about this idea of yours that needs checking ;)

Care to share?
  • Hey,
    Sorry, have been out of town for a while :)

Well I still have got some idea but will wait awhile with the whole thing.
    Until then, I made a small "meta tag" verifier for Wordpress, to easily verify the domain ownership for Flippa auctions.

Nothing fancy but it might help someone to use Wordpress for the verification procedure.
    I am not 100% sure it works as I haven't got any auction to verify right now.
    If anyone would like to test - please be my guest! :cool:

If you find any problems, just send me a pm or email me at info@nichepros.info.

Plugin download:
    http://nichepros.info/wordpress_flippa_meta_plugin.zip

Cheers,
    Patrik / reports
  • I brought my first site and going to auction it in flippa.it would be great if someone could tell me how to give the auction no reserve.i'm strugglng to find it(flippa always asks me for some value to be specified in reserve).Any help would be much appreciated.

fozerol
  • Hey,
    Just put $1, it is considered as "no reserve" . :)

Patrik