Now I got a site.. now what?
  • hey guys i finally got to buy my first site to flip, but I am a noob when it comes to transfering sites (but not to IM in general lol). I got the website files with my purchase, but how do I upload it to my hosting? Sorry if i sound noobish, but i have no clue on to as how to do this. Any help would be appreciated :)
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2010-07-16 07:43:02
  • What sort of site is it? What files were you sent?

If its a wordpress site there are a number of different ways they could have sent it to you.

If they sent you the full files along with a copy of the database then you will need to upload the files to your hosting, edit the wp-config to your database details and then import the database using phpmy admin.

If its a normal html site you just need to upload the html and then make any edits and upload the changed files.

If you are stuck google switching wordpress sites to a new host or let me know and I will do it for you and record a video as I do it for other members to watch as and when tey get to that stage.
  • I'd love to see that, Justin. I was sent an XML file for one I bought and that was a simple upload from a fresh WP install.

Buddy
  • Ok, Well the next time I do it I will record a video.
  • Ok here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIGsyUfERhA

The advantage of workibg with phpmyadmin rather than just an xml file ios that it will also duplicate all the plugin settings and theme settings when transferring over a blog.
  • Great tutorial justin!