• Hey guys, its been a while since I posted but have something interesting I could possibly help people with.

Its called NLP (Neuro-linguistic programming) I have been interested in this subject for a while now and although its more fun to do in person the basics still very much work in text, I use it in my sales copies and thought i would write a demo sale copy here (at the bottom) I will then wait a few days and tell you what NLP i used in it. While you wait try and guess and analyse it saying what NLP i used.

I do not claim to be the best sales copy writer just NLP I'm sure you are all better at copy writing then me.

I use it mostly for tricks as im interested in magic i also do some Darren brown style tricks, just this week i was having a talk to someone about Darren brown and after a while asked him to pick a number, afterwards I asked him to look at my phone which was on the table in front of us the whole time, and he saw a text i text myself at the start of the conversation with his number on.

Some information before you buy, If your on flippa, reading this, then im sure you want to make a return. This directory has 130-200 visits per day and although ads have only just been added. By now, I'm sure you can think about how you can make a return from this growing traffic already so if, however you want to make money easily, read on. The full details are yet to come.

You can easily sell links on the site for 10$ I will even help the buyer to do this, making this website an easy 100$ every year. The issue isn't how much the website costs but how, you can make money from this site.

You could sell a banner on the top of the site for 20$ a month, imagine how you could be easily making money with this site.

Hope you liked my rough nlp sales introduction.
    Good luck guys I'll tell you the answers in a few days.

PS if we have a NLP expert in here please don't say all the answers but PM me. and let the others pick it apart.
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2010-07-13 13:20:30
  • No offence, but that "NLP" copy is just horrible. It reads like someone who doesn't speak English wrote it, and after the first sentence or 2, I'm already clicking off your auction.

I've read it several times and I feel like Yoda is talking to me now.
  • I think if you cleaned up the spelling and grammar it could be worth a try. Never know if these things will work until you try. I mix up my auction copy all the time to see what works. Why don't you try it with a cheap site and see what happens? Could even test it on DP for free.
  • I know its not to show copy writing its not even supposed to be good. I wrote it pretty quick and didn't revise it. All i did is fill it with as much NLP examples as i could. I will re write it keeping in the NLP scripts. Well most of them, i re read it and realised i was so concentrating on the NLP the grammar wasn't constructed correctly.

(give brief explanation of site)

If your on (the website), reading this, then I'm sure you want to make a financial return from the websites you buy. This website has growing traffic and by now, I'm sure you can think about how you can make a return from this already. So if, you want to make money easily, read on as the full details are yet to come.

You can easily sell links on the site for 10$ I will even help the buyer to do this, making this website an easy 100$ every year. You could sell a banner on the top of the site for 20$ a month, imagine how you could be easily making money with this site. The issue isn't how much the website costs now but, how you can make money from this site in the future.

CLUE: There is at least 13 points to comment on about NLP scripts and embedded messages in that.
  • My take on NLP is works best in person and much less so on the page. Sales copy is getting out in front of a starving crowd.
  • I agree but in persuasive writing NLP works just as well. When you get into the complex and 'big boy' NLP it works just as effectively giving hypnotic suggestions and embedded messages in text as it does being read. Written NLP cannot use any hand motion or physical anchors etc. but you can make up for that in text if you know how to.

As no one is really picking the paragraph to pieces, il go over it probably tomorrow or Tuesday. There are some simple things people can try from this I'm sure.
  • Hey, Ok so thought id give some answers.

So what is NLP? in the simplest form if i were to write:

"don't think of a banana"

What do you think of? a banana, this is because the phrase "think of a banana" is in the text. This is an embedded command.

Firstly when people read this they have two decisions to make, firstly two continue to read and secondly to either buy or not. so what are we using this for? To reach people subconscious in such a way to move them into the direction we want, in this case to continue to read and to buy.

I'll go over each piece and explain. Every embedded command is in red

If your on (the website), reading this, then I'm sure you want to make a financial return from the websites you buy.
    [ Ok so there are different names for this script, yes stacking, yes collecting etc. but the general idea is that when you place three statements in a row, when the first two are definitively true the person is likely to say yes to the third. This is used widely in door to door sales, however you can use it just as effectively here. This statement also contains the embedded command telling the reader they want to make a financial return and creates a desire. you could even say "this website" instead of "the websites".]

This website has growing traffic and by now,
    [ This is a very sneaky embedded command that most people will never pick up on, even though by is spelt differently to buy your subconscious still sees it]

I'm sure you can think about how you can make a return from this already.
    [Another command and it also asks the reader to think, this induces the effect further, as the reader has to ask them self a question. This followed by a command works well.]

So if, you want to make money easily, read on as the full details are yet to come.
    [This is a very powerful combination combining two embedded commands into one sentence, also telling the reader to read on. Finally at the end there is a anticipation loop this follows the previous sentence to amplify the need to read on. Notice the comers to exaggerate the commands you can adjust these to do so.]

You can easily sell links on the site for 10$ [not subtle but still a command] I will even help the buyer to do this,
    [Based on the Cialdini pattern of giving something back to the reader]

making this website an easy 100$ every year. You could sell a banner on the top of the site for 20$ a month, imagine how you could be easily making money with this site.
    [Here you have another two embedded commands and an instruction to imagine, this again makes the reader look into himself and imagine.]

The issue isn't how much the website costs now but, how you can make money from this site in the future.
    [If the reader still has any worries about parting with cash this is a useful script to change a persons direction of thought with a embedded command.]

I hope this got some people thinking, as I said before its not about a perfect copy write but to show some people exactly what NLP is and how you can use it. I'm sure you may use this in copy writing already without actually knowing it is NLP.
  • That's pretty cool. I would like to see a full auction copy using this and seeing if it works. I would guess it would work better with turnkey sites than those more established. Let us know how you get on if you happen to give it a go.
  • Harlan Kilstein talks about this sort of thing.