Can't find suitable websites on digital point
  • Hey,

I am new to website buying and I can't find any suitable, websites on digitalpoint.

-Alot of them lie about there traffic figures saying they get 3000 a month but then when I check google analytics its more like 300.

-Do ye avoid sites that have been for sale for a few months?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2010-09-11 16:15:50
  • Check the keywords in your tool to see what they CAN get. Know how will monetize them. I buy and make MFA sites for now, so I have a formula that I use to see if I want the keyword or not.
  • Thanks for the reply, how do you mean check the keywords in your tool?
    What are MFA sites?
  • Google, Market Samurai, whatever you use for a keyword tool.
    Made For Adsense.
  • Hey Donie,
    Just my opinon - so much junk there on DP!
    I chatted with two different DP:er who complained over that it is hard to sell things right now.
    No wonder, they throw up so much garbage that an old man is nearly crying :cool:

I got myself some great looking sites the past couple of weeks.
    Beware though, some sites are a mess trying to change affiliate codes etc. in.
    *sigh*

Keep the spirit up mate,
    Patrik

[quote="Donie Mac"]
    Hey,

I am new to website buying and I can't find any suitable, websites on digitalpoint.

-Alot of them lie about there traffic figures saying they get 3000 a month but then when I check google analytics its more like 300.

-Do ye avoid sites that have been for sale for a few months?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated
  • Yeah there's a whole lotta crap on there.
  • Yeah,that's what I noticed after spending a few days there.I just gave up searching,and am now concentrating on building my own micro niche sites based on keywords I have ascertained their profitability,and that I can easily get a Top 10 ranking for in SERP results. It may take me a bit longer to break even but it seems more attractive to me.Patience is needed here....but it would be worthwhile in the end if you have a system that can churn out 5-10 micro niche sites per month.
  • This is what i exactly thought after searching in DP for the first few days.Oh DP is shit!!! It's only after a few days i recognized that what i meant by searching good sites in DP meant that i was looking at the domain names and if i didn't like the name of it, i went in search of another good site :D and after a few days concluded that DP is shit.Yes, that's what i did exactly going nowhere, but then i matured after few days and i'm happy to share how to find good sites on DP(There are some really good ones,only if you are going to dig deeper into it)

1) GO out with a plan of what types of sites you would want to buy and the budget for it.Try a small site if you are afraid of getting scammed.(That's what i did ;) ).Without a plan if you go to DP you'll just be lost.

2)Use the filters in DP to get the EXACT type of site you're looking for. DP has some nice filters and i use them a lot to find the kind of sites i am looking for.

3)Short list the sites that you are interested in and dig deeper.

4)Have a copy of KFS for reference near your PC,always. Because i found it extremely easy to go through deals and transfers and all those nitty-gritty details you need to know before buying on DP. I followed them exactly, as a reward i negotiated with dealer for the price i had in mind,got him transfer the site to me before i transfered him money ;).Yes it works..and he did the transfers himself and at last gave me a positive itrader rating :)

This is how i did it and no means i would suggest this as the best possible way because i'm inexperienced myself,but i t worked miraculously.Thought it would be good for someone starting out.

It's all about experimenting,guys.Try it and you'll be amazed by the results.

P.S: I brought the site for $18 from DP http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1863084 and listed it without increasing revenue and traffic and despite a few glitches it's faring pretty well atm in Flippa i would say :)
    http://flippa.com/auctions/99998/Premiu ... NO-RESERVE
  • Exactly. I know what I want and certainly what I don't want. I want MFA sites that make what I need them to make based on the formula I posted elsewhere here. I don't want .infos nor autoblogs, but if the autoblog met my requirements I might consider it.

Buddy
  • Did you use the featured listing at flippa to sell the site?

[quote="fozer0l"]
    This is what i exactly thought after searching in DP for the first few days.Oh DP is shit!!! It's only after a few days i recognized that what i meant by searching good sites in DP meant that i was looking at the domain names and if i didn't like the name of it, i went in search of another good site :D and after a few days concluded that DP is shit.Yes, that's what i did exactly going nowhere, but then i matured after few days and i'm happy to share how to find good sites on DP(There are some really good ones,only if you are going to dig deeper into it)

1) GO out with a plan of what types of sites you would want to buy and the budget for it.Try a small site if you are afraid of getting scammed.(That's what i did ;) ).Without a plan if you go to DP you'll just be lost.

2)Use the filters in DP to get the EXACT type of site you're looking for. DP has some nice filters and i use them a lot to find the kind of sites i am looking for.

3)Short list the sites that you are interested in and dig deeper.

4)Have a copy of KFS for reference near your PC,always. Because i found it extremely easy to go through deals and transfers and all those nitty-gritty details you need to know before buying on DP. I followed them exactly, as a reward i negotiated with dealer for the price i had in mind,got him transfer the site to me before i transfered him money ;).Yes it works..and he did the transfers himself and at last gave me a positive itrader rating :)

This is how i did it and no means i would suggest this as the best possible way because i'm inexperienced myself,but i t worked miraculously.Thought it would be good for someone starting out.

It's all about experimenting,guys.Try it and you'll be amazed by the results.

P.S: I brought the site for $18 from DP http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=1863084 and listed it without increasing revenue and traffic and despite a few glitches it's faring pretty well atm in Flippa i would say :)
    http://flippa.com/auctions/99998/Premiu ... NO-RESERVE
  • Yes.I featured it when the auction went live.It was the time when Flippa was running the competition.It had both positive and negative results.Positive is, i got more number of views which equals to more no of bids and the negative side was lot of people were listing on featured at that time and my site quickly went to the second page of featured.
  • which filters are you talking about I can't seem to find anyone I could use for finding good sites on DP
  • Hi chockfactor,

If you click the advanced search options in DP you'll get various filters to choose from.Say you want a PR2 domain with a earning of atleast $3 a day.You can select Sites having PR more than 2 that earn $3 a month.That'll all the work need to be done from your side.

Then DP will search and will get you the results that match your criteria.

That's the reason i said have in mind to what type you are going to buy and accordingly you can plan your searches to find the sites that you like or you're most interested to.Just give it a try.It can't hurt to try new things ;)
  • I really don't see what you are talking about..In my advance search I have this.

http://i28.tinypic.com/15pg9vt.jpg

I don't see where you select the pr of the domain
  • [quote="Gr33n"]
    I really don't see what you are talking about..In my advance search I have this.
    http://tinypic.com/r/15pg9vt/3 (the img tag are not working)

I don't see where you select the pr of the domain

This is what i'm talking about.
  • It's there!
    PR (i.e Page Rank) is listed after "Alexa".That is,

Keywords
    Price Range
    Backlinks
    Alexa
    Page Rank (PR)
    Monthly Page Views

Can you see it now?
  • I uploaded another picture
    http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/7748/20100720164014.jpg

I don't find that search menu

I'm in # Forum # Business # Buy, Sell or Trade # Sites and when i press advance search I can't see the that menu.I also pressed search this forum and nothing.I know it's something easy ..but i can't find it.
  • Nope !
    Go to the "Marketplace".
    Under "Marketplace",you will see "Domains' and "Websites".
    Click "Websites" if that is what you are buying.You can't miss the "Filter' button on the page that opens next.
  • [quote="dignity"]
    Nope !
    Go to the "Marketplace".
    Under "Marketplace",you will see "Domains' and "Websites".
    Click "Websites" if that is what you are buying.You can't miss the "Filter' button on the page that opens next.

ok got it..thanks for help..i was looking in the wrong place
  • Have you tried any other marketplaces?

Trinity
  • Hmmm, I bought another site today, already on G's first page, potential to make $125+ Adsense income/monthly.
  • What'd you pay for the site?

Trinity
  • I have only been looking at DP, has anyone had success with ebay or anyother site?
  • I am also unsuccessful. It seems like a total noob won't know what to look for and thus can't get into it...
  • il be interested if anyone is using any other marketplaaces as although i have bought sites from dp before i cant seem to see any suitable ones ovr the last week
  • Well I am also having trouble finding suitable sites on DP, but actually I think I have seen some a couple of days back which maybe would be decent.

Although it isn't the drem cenario. I think it would be alright.

But I didn't buy them as I wasn't quite sure if they would be a suitable investment if I was gonna make a quick flip
  • I say if you cant find them build them for now and check dp day by day until you find one but until then keep building at least you will have some to sell later on...
  • I'd also like to hear of some alternative. Been looking at DP the past few hours (obviously not enough, but seeing as there's more people experiencing this) and I couldn't find any interesting website for a reasonable price.
  • Yea seriously. I don't understand how you could make a 5 figure or something income just by buying from DP and selling to Flippa. I haven't been able to find one potential site.
  • Sounds like a good subject for a webinar!
  • I wouldn't mind =D
  • Here is a post by meathead1234 aka Thomas on BHW before KFS launch.I like this one a lot.Check it out.It has some good tips for Dp hunting :)

http://www.blackhatworld.com/blackhat-s ... -hour.html
  • [quote="fozer0l"]
    Here is a post by meathead1234 aka Thomas on BHW before KFS launch.I like this one a lot.Check it out.It has some good tips for Dp hunting :)

http://www.blackhatworld.com/blackhat-s ... -hour.html

All I get out of that is how to sell on DP. We're trying to buy from DP. I could be wrong of course, I haven't really scavenged every single post on there.
  • Yeah it's basically a post on how to sell on DP but provides some detailed information on DP.Thought it might help you people :)
  • Guys a good thing to remember is many people have got their eyes open to buying low on DP and selling high on flippa.

But I think if you see one you like you should go ahead and try to get the price down. Which is also taught within KFS.

Because as you may have seen DP sellers have unrealistic goals for what they can sell their sites for.

But push the fact you will take the site of their hands but ofcourse you will only if the price is lower(don't tell them exactly that) but you know what I mean.

The thing is if you can get the price a little down, but not that much or the other part is pretty stuborn, try to focus on the instant gratifaction like:

You will have cash in hand right here and right now. So you don't risk not getting it sold at all, also you don't need to keep managing the site so you can focus on other types of business.

Well of course better than that, but you really need to think of it like when you write a salesletter push their buttons maybe offer them an ebook on a technique to earn money or something.
  • And sometimes you're going to have to pay full price. Ask yourself, is it worth this much?
  • [quote="BillyPilgrim"]
    And sometimes you're going to have to pay full price. Ask yourself, is it worth this much?

Most of the time on DP it's not.

At least not if you are going for the quick flip thing ;)
  • [quote="BillyPilgrim"]
    Hmmm, I bought another site today, already on G's first page, potential to make $125+ Adsense income/monthly.

can you post your adsence formula?
  • It's here somewhere.
    monthly revenue at position #1 = CPC x .25 x exact searches x .4 x .05
    I need for it to be =>$50/month
  • hello, could u explain more
    how to know monthly revenue at position #1 ?
    CPC i can found it google tool?
  • Yes, cost per click. Use that formula to know approximate monthly revenue.
  • hello and thanks for a very informative post.

could you please explain to me how you would get the CPC for the formula - where does that number come from?

'monthly revenue at position #1 = CPC x .25 x exact searches x .4 x .05'

thanks
  • I'm assuming the numbers are:

0.25 - Adsense pay 25% of the CPC
    0.4 - CTR for being first in Google
    0.05 - Average CTR for ads on a site

I don't do much with Adsense so correct me if I'm wrong.
  • There is no possible way you can found out how much you will get from adsense without actually having a website in the first position.

Google has recently stated that they actually pay out 68% of the ad cpc not 25% like yall are using.

"AdSense for content publishers, who make up the vast majority of our AdSense publishers, earn a 68% revenue share worldwide. This means we pay 68% of the revenue that we collect from advertisers for AdSense for content ads that appear on your sites." http://adsense.blogspot.com/2010/05/ads ... share.html

The CPC you see in the keyword tools is cpc for search. Those are the ads that appear on the actual google search engine.. not the content ads on your website. Just because it says the CPC is $2.00 does not mean they are paying $2.00 to place ads on your website. I have sites that the CPC says is over $1.00, but I only get .03 - .08 cents a click.

Also what google states is the search volume for a keyword can be wildly off. I've got a site for a keyword that google says gets 22,000 exact match local searches a month.. and in first position I only get 800 visitors a month. I also have a site that google says the exact match local keyword gets 3,000 searches a month.. yet at position 8 I get 1,000 visitors a month from that keyword.

I understand the formula is just to get an approximate idea of how much you could make, but I just wanted to point out how off it could be.
  • My experience is that I get nowhere near 68% regardless what Google says. But Brent is right, it's a broad estimate but one made by one of the most experienced Adsense guys I know of on the web, Court Tuttle of The Keyword Academy.
  • How do you know you don't get anywhere near 68%? Google doesn't say anything.. because they don't say how much adsense clicks are worth. Only the average CPC of keywords for adwords search... not content (adsense ads).

Well I hate to say this.. but if he only gets 5% CTR for adsense, then he isn't very experienced. I get between 15% to 25% ctr. Never below 10% and up to 40%.
  • Could you share how you get such a high CTR without giving up any secrets. Do you use an X-Factor type template with images, multiple ad blocks?

Any help would be appreciated - my CTR is stuck at 3 -5 %.

Thanks

Bob
  • Yes, its an Xfactor type template, but not the green and black. I use a wordpress theme made by clickbump http://clickbump.com/ce/.

I only use 1 ad block and that is a large rectangle above the fold, above the main content, but below the title and a few sentences.
  • Thanks - I will check out the Clickbump templates.
  • http://www.londonist.com/attachments/sizemore/derailed.jpg