Here's my First auction.
  • Hi Guys,

Here's my first auction on Flippa http://flippa.com/auctions/99998/PremiumJoomlaTools---Profitable-Joomla-templates-business---1-NO-RESERVE

Listed it after losing to 100,000 spot by 2 points.Any feedback would be appreciated.Check it out and let me know how i'm doing.

Regards,
    fozer0l
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2010-07-15 19:49:17
  • Cool site. I like it. Make sure you add proof of revenue :)
  • yeah Thanks.I'll do that asap.Got my first bid for $1 and i wouldn't mind if some of you guys gave me a little higher bid to get the bidding started :) (Of course you don't need to buy the site,but the first few bids to get the bidding started,you know ;) )
  • Cool, best of luck to you bro. Did you purchase that site off of DP?
  • Yep i brought that site on DP.This thing i've mentioned here( i wouldn't mind if some of you guys gave me a little higher bid to get the bidding started (Of course you don't need to buy the site,but the first few bids to get the bidding started,you know ) seem to against the TOS of flippa.DOn't bid on it okay.I didn't take time to read their and FN's TOS.Don't bid on it.okay!!
  • So far, so good ;)
    Got a bid of $80 last night.But got a small problem with the listing copy.Due to the fact that i was in a hurry to list my copy i made a mistake with it.here it goes

A small Clarification

"THIS (Affiliate)SALE ALSO INCLUDES OTHER ASSOCIATED DOMAINS SUCH AS:

joomlashack.com
    joomlart.com
    joomladesigns.co.uk

Sorry it was a typo.I missed typing (Affiliate) because i was in a hurry to get listed(If u didn't know flippa ran a competition where the 100,000th listing gets 1 year of free flippa listings).I lost by 2 points :( Ended up 99998th listing as you can very well see.lol

Sorry for the inconvenience(i can't edit my listing now to reflect the change)

Cheers,
    fozer0l

Somebody quoted this and i made a apology for their inconvenience and made them clear that the domains don't come with the site.

SO what do you say guys?Shall i end this auction quick or let it drag.There are still 5 more days to go.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
  • Contact support and see if they can edit it. Having mistakes makes it look REALLY unprofessional, and in my experience makes a huge difference to the sales price. You need to be more formal with questions too. Telling potential buyers you rushed a listing to try win a competition hardly puts you in good light...
  • Yeah.I'll contact them.

Thanks Thomas :)
  • Hi Fozerol,

I tried replying to your PM, but you have Private Messaging turned off!

Looks like the auction is going great guns though!
  • Thanks Justin.It's going on great at the moment.As you know this is my first auction and i don't know if it'll get more bids or should i close the sale soon.It still has 3 days and 20 hours to go.What do you say?

And yeah my PM is disabled.U can say what you want to here on the forom.No probs ;)
  • Well you PM'ed me asking me to put a bid in on your site so I tried to reply but couldnt as your pm is disabled! Was just wondering if you still wanted me to put a bid in!
  • NO Thanks!!
    i didn't read the flippa TOS properly before and i made a mistake there.It seems to be against their TOS to ask people to bid.Please don't.okay...That's a long story how i ended up PMing 23 people.Saving it for the sucess story if all goes well and if the auction ends well :)

Anyway Thanks for the concern Justin ;)
  • [quote="fozer0l"]
    NO Thanks!!
    i didn't read the flippa TOS properly before and i made a mistake there.It seems to be against their TOS to ask people to bid.Please don't.okay...That's a long story how i ended up PMing 23 people.Saving it for the sucess story if all goes well and if the auction ends well :)

Anyway Thanks for the concern Justin ;)

Just out of curiosity, and don't take this the wrong way, but did you honestly think asking random people to bid on your site with no intention of buying would be allowed? There was a guy who did that on ebay and ended up in jail...
  • Lucky me.No jail for me atleast.But yes i did think it was a strategy for promoting the site!!!And was happy that i'm progressing until you know what happened;)lol.
  • Could anyone explain how to recollect data on my site once i have edited the lines which flippa says has a possible copy on internet?(It's mentioned in the ebook but don't know where to find on Flippa.

Let me know if you know where to hit that magic button, guys ;)
  • Someone please let me know about it asap.10 possible copies is killing my auction. . .
  • I had about 30 matches but still tripled my money.
  • That sounds good.Would be better if there is a way i could get rid of them.Why i'm asking this is Thomas said there is a way around this problem.So i edited those few lines and didn't know where to update site statistics.