How many sites do you flip a day?
  • I just got started on turnkey sites and I'm selling them for rock bottom prices. So far I have flipped 4 and made %200 profit on each flip (very small money though). I'm working on volume rather then quality.

How many do you guys flip a day?

Fruit
    Post edited by Unknown User at 2010-11-25 15:59:49
  • We were just discussing turnkey sites with Thomas the other day and our unanimous opinion was that one most definitely needs female organisation and multitasking skills in order to pull decent money off these :P So yeah, exactly as you put it, the money is in the volume with this kind of sites - and if you're capable of doing 2 sites a day, and perhaps include bonuses etc. that don't cost you money but increase the price then it's potentially a pretty good business.

As for myself, I've been rather lazy lately, doing only a few (4-5) sites a month and concentrating on good ROI rather than large quantities. It's ridiculous how easy it is to turn a $1k site into a $2.5k site.
  • Is their a chat I'm unaware of or something? I'd like to get on in these discussions. I don't have any extra capital floating around and I already have the entire system outsourced. It should only be about a week until I can invest in a 1 - 3k site. Flipping is a lot funner then what I was doing previously so I don't mind the extra work.

Fruit
  • I probably do a few more than Bryan. Usually around 10 a month but varies week to week. Sometimes I won't have anything on the market, and others I'll sell 5 in a day. It is so much easier to turn a $500 site into a $5k site than it is to sell about 20 sites for a few hundred bucks.

And as Bryan mentioned, I certainly don't have the organisation/patience to manage a turnkey operation. Am planning on having a go in a few weeks time and seeing how easy it is to automate through outsourcing.
  • [quote="Fruit"]
    Is their a chat I'm unaware of or something? I'd like to get on in these discussions. I don't have any extra capital floating around and I already have the entire system outsourced. It should only be about a week until I can invest in a 1 - 3k site. Flipping is a lot funner then what I was doing previously so I don't mind the extra work.

Fruit

It's our top secret MSN communication :P we're thinking about running a regular webinar for you guys so we can answer any questions live and get away from our internetz disguises :)

Good work on the full outsourcing, perhaps you could share some of your experiences?
  • I'll probably start working on a mini-guide on how to outsource basic site creation and outsourcing soon. I just don't know when I'll have the time. Got a few good threads (post) packed with info & resources that I'll post soon.

Fruit
  • [quote="Fruit"]
    I just got started on turnkey sites and I'm selling them for rock bottom prices. So far I have flipped 4 and made %200 profit on each flip (very small money though). I'm working on volume rather then quality.

How many do you guys flip a day?

Fruit

Most of the profit in flipping startup sites lies in the upsell rather than the straight arbitrage value of the flip.

Are you offering your buyers anything else in the upsell? Hosting is a good one (give them one month free, then rebill :D), affiliate programs (Aweber for example), you could even send them to some ClickBank products if you're really lazy :)

With new sites I find there is quite a good chance of snagging a sale of SEO services - charge them $100 for 500 blog comments and buy scrapebox. Quickly turn what appears to be low value and almost pointless sale into something rather more profitable.

Once you've got their trust you can sell them whatever you like!
  • Thanks, I think I'll try upselling. However I've noticed that you don't sell a lot of sites on dp by the actual auction. I get a ton of PM's instead.

Fruit
  • I think that is mainly as DP is renowned for scamming so buyers will do due diligence by PM'ing you first rather than the straight BIN you may get on marketplaces such as Flippa.

With a business model operating on such tight margins, it is essential to upsell - you'll find it will increase your profitablity substantially and ideally build up a regular list of buying clients. Article writing is another good one if you have the resources.
  • I already provide a article writing service that makes 5 figures profit a week. I was considering offering that as a service too. Thanks, you've helped a lot.
  • Fruit - how long have you been doing turnkey sites, and how much are you maknig per site?
  • I've been doing turnkey sites for about 3 weeks now. I sell them anywhere from 75 - 150 each (depending on the niche).

I have three buyers that buy sites from me constantly. However, thanks to Thomas & Bryan, I have successfuly completed my first X,XXX sale (flipping). Bought the site for 75$.

Fruit
  • Sweet man. Turnkey is with autoblog, PLR or original content? I guess these are without an traffic or sales and just the blgo design, content/ebook?
  • What is with people in calling me "MAN"; I'm a girl not a guy, thanks.

How about you just add me to your msn messenger. I can answer any questions you might have.

msn id: mynameisfruit@hotmail.com

Fruit
  • Sorry, I didn't know. Cool I'll do that thanks.
  • Let me know when you've added me or give me your MSN. Mines been acting up.

Fruit
  • Cool I'm still at work I'll be on later if you will be. I'll be sloggin' it all nite :) davidhamilton707@hotmail.com
  • Hey Trinity.

How's it going on your Turkey sites? Hoping you're making a nice profit out of all these DPers ;)

You cool if I were to add you on MSN as well? - Just in case there's anything important that I may need your help.

No bugging, promised. ;)